Oculus Touch Will Launch Late This Year With More Than 30 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crystalizer

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2011
Yes Vive's motion tracking is really fun! I totally recommend it. The feeling of being in there is awesome. I tried oculus dk 1 and 2. I think just the ability to see and have something in your hand is not enough. I have been playing game called Holopoint and Vanishing realms on Vive. These games will make you crawl, dodge and shoot with bow in ways I could have never thought possible.

The sword fights are little bit clumsy on Vanishing realms. Mostly because the AI. Sometimes it can predict and dodge, but that's about it. I ques this will bring new problem in table with the developers. Creating an AI that can fight and dodge like human with swords will be hard I think. I'm sure devs will come up with something.

David Dewis

Honorable
Jul 6, 2013

The one thing that steered me away from the Vive and made me keep my rift. Preorder was most reviews stated the rift was more comfortable, especially for long play times. Considering I'm looking at playing sims, that's important to me. Waiting until fall is a pain, but I'd rather have a comfy headset that I can wear for long periods of time than a headset I can use for 1 hour bouts. But everyone to their own.

Is day one when the touch controllers are "released" or when people can actually get one? :) Also, I wonder if we'll be able to opt out of sending facebook the data on everything we do with our hands or if it'll just be baked into the EULA as usual that facebook can use our hands for promotional purposes or as per subsection b.23, "anything we damn well please".

Zapin

Reputable
Dec 15, 2015
It might mean the incomplete Rift will stop holding back developers from making proper VR controllers the defacto standard for VR gaming. Sometime later this year? Something in the next 6 months is hardly impressive for something that really should have been included from the start. No wonder indicators from steam metrics show the Vive outselling the Rift (unless Rift users unplug the HMD every time they start steam... and if they are PC gamers you know they have steam).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS