Oculus Will Ship Rift HMDs Within 2-4 Days, Brings Demos To Microsoft Stores

Status
Not open for further replies.

edhem

Reputable
Feb 12, 2015
Too late Oculus, the HTC Vive experience at the Microsoft store is much better than the Oculus one. I am wondering if it will be better for the Vive sales if they are able to compare Oculus with Vive right there at the store?

John Nemesh

Honorable
Mar 13, 2013
My thoughts exactly. When people try both and compare, the Vive wins HANDS DOWN! Good luck competing head to head with a superior product, Oculus!

Xenophage2112

Reputable
Sep 30, 2015
The demos are what sold me on the Vive. Once you use a Vive and then use an Oculus, there's no way you'd want to buy an Oculus.

gopher1369

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
"Good luck competing head to head with a superior product, Oculus!"

They aren't competing head-to-head though, the Oculus is £500 and the Vive is £700. I'd never consider spending £700 on a peripheral, £500 is still a lot of money, but it's just about within my price range.

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador

They are competing head-to-head. Keep in mind that that Oculus price does not include touch controllers (which aren't even available yet), where as Vive's does. It comes out to about the same price in the end, with Vive offering the more immersive VR experience.

gopher1369

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
They are competing head-to-head. Keep in mind that that Oculus price does not include touch controllers (which aren't even available yet), where as Vive's does.

Let me clarify what I meant: If your maximum budget is £500 your options are Oculus, or Oculus. The Vive doesn't compete because I am simply not prepared to spend £700 on a peripheral. I don't want to spend an additional £200 on touch controllers I do not want (I have absolutely no interest in standing up to play video games. I loath the Wii controllers, for example).

Status
Not open for further replies.