Question Oculus won't allow me to use RTX 3050 Laptop

T0wns

Commendable
Feb 11, 2021
Hi,
I have a Crosshair 17 laptop with an i7-1100H and an RTX 3050 Laptop GPU. I'm trying to launch the Oculus app to use Link, however the app thinks I have an incompatible GPU, and Oculus Support is no help, as they advised me that a GTX card is better than an RTX card. Any idea what I could do? I've already tried rebooting it and reinstalling the app.

Make sure you have oculus link installed on your windows machine.

Then go to your phone and make sure that you are logged in to your oculus software make sure you have Bluetooth enabled and you are signed into correctly make sure both apps on your phone and windows machine is updated to the current version.
I have a Acer laptop with a core I 5 at 1090K is 90K with AGTX1650 running running oculus link I have no problems with it.

1 Make sure you turn your windows firewall to private from public that way you're seeing account you'remail account your oculus account will have access to everything and let's you do gaming virtual or provirtual or private Make sure you turn your windows firewall to private from public that way you're seeing account you'remail account your oculus account will have access to everything and let's you do gaming virtually.