OCZ Back On Track, Says New CEO

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Wow that is totally amazing clarke thorell! You own a supercar worth millions and you have only been in your job for four months! I am totally going to click on that not even one bit inconspicuous link and then I can make all the money in the world!!! Heck I might even start up a business involving 'cams' and young girls while I am at it!

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
[citation][nom]Dingo07[/nom]great to hear! I'm still not buying shares until after Dec 12 though!![/citation]

Why is that? Just curious, as I may also be interested...

G

Trainwreck is still going, every single illendex drive I have purchased from OCZ has failed!

Got a 120GB solid to return today, wont read at all, just like the dozen plus other failed ocz drives. Never again!

helz IT

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
"Everything's great," says OCZ CEO as he delays revealing his 2nd quarter finance report, lays off 1/3 of his workforce, and entertains offers to sell his company.

ssd_pro

Honorable
Oct 15, 2012
Their last couple high performance offerings in the consumer line are reliable, great drives... the Vertex 4 and Vector. I grabbed a 256GB Vector and it is phenomenal. OCZ just needs to keep in the high end on not go back to cheap value offerings.

f-14

Distinguished
ocz's problem is their drives fail very quickly if they even work at all it's about 1-20 that are bricks right out of the box and another 1 in 4 that crap out in the first 3 months

Absolutely great to hear they have multiple suppliers! That way they can advertise the highest speed from the chips that.work best with the controller, while selling a mixed bag that gets mixed results! That will fix their bad reputation!

[citation][nom]ssd_pro[/nom]Their last couple high performance offerings in the consumer line are reliable, great drives... the Vertex 4 and Vector. I grabbed a 256GB Vector and it is phenomenal. OCZ just needs to keep in the high end on not go back to cheap value offerings.[/citation]

That has been my experience too. Vertex/Agility 4 and Vector and highly reliable, unlike most of OCZ's previous models.

[citation][nom]f-14[/nom]ocz's problem is their drives fail very quickly if they even work at all it's about 1-20 that are bricks right out of the box and another 1 in 4 that crap out in the first 3 months[/citation]

That's not my experience, at least not with OCZ's current models. Vertex 4, Agility 4, and Vector seem to be highly reliable drives. It's not surprising for the 4 series drives given that they used Marvel controllers instead of the older Indilinx controllers such as in the Octane (Crucial M4 is another example of SSDs that have a Marvell controller, yet another is all of Plextor's drives, and these are all top-notch companies for reliable SSDs). Vector seems to be a huge improvement over OCZ's previous Indilinx controllers (they probably wizened up after their experience with VErtex 4 and Agility 4) as well.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
I don't actually understand why they've not gone bankrupt yet to be honest!
I remember my first ocz products to fail even before it was called OCZ Technologies! (ocz store back then in 2001) ... and judging from reviews and taking the cursed ocz gold memory products into consideration, I think it's quite a feat the company's still operational.
Anyhow, I hope a new ceo improves quality beyond the sub par standard it's always been at.

Status
Not open for further replies.