OCZ Intros New Fatal1ty 550W, 750W Power Supplies

Status
Not open for further replies.

abbadon_34

Distinguished
of course they do, though 750 is sufficient to power my notoriously power hungry 6990 (6970x2) & oc'd phenom II + a full atx case of hdd,odd, and add cards. In fact my UPS rarely reads over 500-600. Only when I put my brothers hexacord i7 and dual titans did i need more, yet still under 1kw

Since some OCZ PSUs have cut corners in the past (e.g. 2nd-rate capacitors), I'll wait for a competent technical review on these before passing judgement. Who makes these? What is the MSRP?

The OEM is still Sirtec/High Power. It looks like its based on the High Power Element Smart series platform.

Pureoverclock's review of the 750W model said that it was slightly noisy at load and the cables aren't long enough for full tower cases.

Cables not long enough for full tower cases have always been a major complaint of OCZ PSUs so this hasn't changed. It was a direction made by OCZ to reduce the BOM.

Well, shorter cables are a good thing for the large majority of people who use reasonably sized cases.

dj1001

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2009
I've had 2 OCZ modxtreme (almost identical to fatal1ty series) psu's die, the first within 9 months and the second just after the 1 year warranty. I definately do not reccomend OCZ power supplys

bucknutty

Distinguished
i have been rolling a fatality 550 for like 5 years now. I built an core2 quad q6600 with a 8800gtx in like 2008. That machine has had hours of hours of games played on it. Still runs great although it is now used as a HTPC so it only gets lite duty work.

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
I really wish people would stop buying fagtality stuff. Youre paying more money for the same specs as the standard item just with a former "pro" gamer's name on it... so youre paying that guy's house payment for him and getting nothing extra for it. Just stop buying anything with his logo feces on it.

daglesj

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2007
Does this Wendel guy even exist? I have never seen anything tech news or game news related to him other than companies offering him money for his name.

Did he do something world changing say 12 years ago?

About as relevant as Eddie 'The Eagle' Edwards Ski goggles.

RazerZ

Judicious
Ambassador

Actually these PSUs were cheaper than the others for quite some time until the hiked the price up again.

They were clearing the distribution channel of the the old multiple +12V rail models in preparation for the new single +12V rail models.

Status
Not open for further replies.