OCZ Jumps into Netbook Market with Neutrino

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

price?
Price would be nice, though I doubt it's going to be close to $400 with an SSD like that.

I'd probably prefer a smaller SSD (eg: 32GB), with NO ram.
With all these mininotebooks, I have more then plenty of RAM laying around to plug into it.
So it'd be nice to save some on that too, and sell the mininotebook for like $200-250 or so.

Hatecrime69

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2008
Well at least somebody is trying to bring something different to the market with these netbooks. Officially supporting user hard drive upgrades? Certainly a big plus over my eee pc 4g

dconnors

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
OCZ has yet to release any price information. My guess is that you'll be able to bag a Neutrino for under $400. Of course I doubt that price includes the 250GB SSD.

-Devin

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
How many people are out there with a netbook saying "gee this 64 gigabytes just isn't enough for me, what I need is 250 gigabytes of media and apps for this computer to choke on. That would be great!"

Seriously, what would you use that extra ~200 gigs for? Holding MP3s? It sure won't be for photoshop projects, hi-def movies or anything of the sort unless you are using the computer as a glorified flash drive to get the files to somewhere they can actually be put to use.

Or, am I missing the boat on netbooks and their gigabyte crunching apps?

Status
Not open for further replies.