OCZ products and 12 calendar-day rebates

alpine18

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2008
Anyone else have this problem?
Submit the order on a Friday morning... NewEgg ships it the next Tuesday - it comes in Friday afternoon - but you don't get it until the next Wednesday because Monday is a holiday and your company's receiving dept. takes 1 business day to process incoming shipments.... OOPS your rebate is expired - 12 days has passed, including weekends and holidays.

hughyhunter

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
You are waisting forum space... this has nothing to do with motherboards or memory... well I guess it is memory... but still... CAnt we talk about relevent issues in the world like who makes the best motherboard or what memory is going to be the next best thing. Like DDR3 for example. There should really be a thread started that talks specifically about DDR3. You are making me want to talk about other irrelevent information like my gramatical errors on this forum. Or how bout what I had for breakfast. I'll tell you what I had for breakfast... and then we'll talk about some OCZ rebates! I had some eggs... three in particular, and a couple pieces of that ezekial bread (that stuff... oh man... makes you feel great) and a little bit of garlic salsa on the eggs and some butter and jelly on the toast. Not to mention I had a huge glass of orange juice. I cant stress enough how important it is to drink a huge glass of this stuff in the morning.
Then I settled down for a few hours of painstaking battlefield 2 before work... this game is awesome. I just wish they would come out with another battlefield that was just as cool as BF2. I mean come on... that stupid cartoon game coming out trying to replace what was never there.
If you are really still reading this post I will indulge you and talk about my experience with OCZ. Well I bought some OCZ memory the other day (well like in January) and it came with a 20 dollar mail in rebate. The other day (like a week ago to be exact) I got an e-mail notificaton that the rebate is valid and I will be recieving it in a few months (probably more like a year or two)... so my experience with rebates is... If you cant afford what it is to begin with than dont buy it... because MIR are never guranteed and you should never count on them... they are a ploy to get you to buy the product in the first place.
I have a friend that bought all his components based on a MIR for his build and he never even claimed them. I asked him the other day what's up and still hasnt mailed them... hundreds of dollars worth gone!

alpine18

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2008
Hunter, you know what I had for dinner tonight? Sushi.... I had some awabi and some uni, along with nice large hot saki and some saba. You know what uni is? Sea Urchin... and just not any part of the sea urchin... .. sea urchin gonads. Oh yeah, and this is a memory forum and I am discussing what I had for dinner tonight.

The OCZ memory works great at the advertised 4-4-4-15. It even works fine at 4-4-4-12. Maybe I'll even try it at 3-4-4-10. Fact is, dealing with OCZ and rebates READ THE FINE PRINT. Had I known this hassle I'd have gone with Corsair DHX for less price - even with their rebates they offer 21 days. Had I read a post like this on this memory forum prior to buying OCZ, I probably wouldn't be writing this post right now.

hughyhunter

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
Very surprisingly I love sushi... Making my mouth water just thinking about it. I like the Salmon or some fried shrimp. Oh man... I will be visiting the sushi bar this weekend.

I currently have my memory set to 4-4-4-15 2T at 800mhz. What memory did you get? I tried setting to 4-4-4-12 but couldnt boot into windows. Then tried 13 and didnt pass prime95. I must just not be able to get much better than 15. I have been able to run it at 1T for some time but then one day I up'd the cpu FSB to 450 then it wouldnt work at those timings.

I was strongly considering corsair.... YOu are probably right that the MIR are better there as OCZ is very picky and not very lenient. I like OCZ though and have no complaints. I do however with I would have gotten the reaper X model with 1066 frequ. I wouldnt mind sacrificing some timings for some frequ.

MadHacker

Distinguished
May 20, 2006
WHAT? The rebate goes by the date of purchase, not the date of recieving. Wow, it really does help to actually read the rebate huh?

but they do have an expiry date as to when to submit them.
otherwise I would submit something a year later.

edit:fixed spelling.. duno why