OCZ Releases Talos 2 Enterprise SAS 6 Gb/s SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

c4v3man

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
Best of luck to OCZ, but I'm not sure how much interest enterprises will have for a product from a company with known reliability concerns, especially when other options exist from more reputable vendors.

Hopefully the device will have a stellar track record, so that even if it's not a big seller, it may give business customers some confidence in the OCZ brand again for their next generation products.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]c4v3man[/nom]Best of luck to OCZ, but I'm not sure how much interest enterprises will have for a product from a company with known reliability concerns, especially when other options exist from more reputable vendors. Hopefully the device will have a stellar track record, so that even if it's not a big seller, it may give business customers some confidence in the OCZ brand again for their next generation products.[/citation]
We bought 20 1TB OCZ Colossus drives for testing a year ago or so.. We ended up RMAing about 10 of them before we finally gave up.. Those were not made for the "enterprise market" though, I hope these truly are..

LORD_ORION

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
If it doesn't have a 5 year warranty on it, don't touch it... it will fail after 3 years.

Units with 5 year warranties tend to last much longer, because in order to get a drive to last that long, it needs to be built quite well.

G

OCZ seems to get a lot of interest from Enterprise customers. Just saying..

"According to Ryan Petersen, either directly or through OEMs, OCZ SSDs have recently been deployed to enterprise and data center clients such as AOL, eBay, SAP, Prudential, Marketwire, EdgeCast, ASK.com, NTT Docomo, South Korean Telecom, Boxel, Boeing, Chevron, Carbonite, Honda, Bloomberg."

"The list of OCZ's OEM partners include companies such as Dell, HP, SGI, Quanta Cloud Computing, Supermicro, Panzura, Tegile, Astute Networks, Penguin Computing, Wistron, JVL, Flextronics."

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/other/display/20111011205041_OCZ_We_Are_One_of_the_Largest_SSD_Companies_Now.html

orbitron

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
So the 500GB (ST95005620AS) version is only 3Gb/s? I went to seagate.com it says 6Gb/s but when I visited Amazon.com it shows 3Gb/s only.

dekkar

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2010
SSD is still too fail for enterprise..... I have almost 100 SSDs rolled out to desktops and they fail way more than HDD......

G

lol thor that was the first thing that came to mind when i read the title...too much skyrim the last 2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.