OCZ Releases Vector 180 SSD And New SSD Guru Management Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

WFang

Reputable
Dec 10, 2014
I see what you're saying but I think you're wrong in your interpretation. Just because there is a 'p' doesn't mean MBps == Mbps... It's the capitalization of the B that makes the difference, the p is just short-hand for 'per' as in 'per second'.. and if we really want to be splitting hairs, I would like to know if these numbers are MB per second or MiB per second... :)

PaulAlcorn

Managing Editor: News and Emerging Technology
Editor
Feb 24, 2015
Megabytes per second (MBps). As per most of the storage world (at least the marketing side) they are using MBps instead of MiBps (MiB/s). MiB is not widely used, unfortunately, so we stick with the most popular (and thus recognizable) unit.

medmn

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
Wouldn't buy anything from OCZ - or anything marked OCZ - I have a pile of failed OCZ products with "lifetime warranties" and no means of collecting any compensation under the warranty.

jonathan1683

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009

exactly they don't honor their warranty. My pc couldn't make it overnight without a BSOD and it was always crashing stuttering and would freeze for many seconds at a time loading stuff. Finally wouldn't even show up in the bios. Sent it back and they returned it to me as in perfect condition no problem found. Just got a Evo 850 pro and my pc is stable as a rock.

I installed a 240gb vector 150 in a machine several months ago and it's been solid as a rock too. Normally I wouldn't have bothered but the vector series with the new toshiba nand is a pretty good drive. If the prices come down I might consider one of these vector 180's. Hard to beat when I got the 150 on sale for $60 for 240gb.

Status
Not open for further replies.