OCZ Reveals the New Petrol SATA 3 SSD Series

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hannibal

Distinguished
[citation][nom]Cormag[/nom]I think those may be MSRP prices and they are not too bad. IF they start offering the silly rebates like everyone else then these drives will be on the more affordable side.[/citation]

Yep, I think so allso! Does any one know what are "real" msrp prices for OCZ Agility and Samsung M4? It would give us somekind of picture of the real price of these Petrol products. If, as it seems to be, the Petrol SSD are going to be below Agility line, the price will be cheaper than those also.

[citation][nom]tuch92[/nom]Even if price drops, still won't buy OCZ with their reliability issues. Samsung's where it's at.[/citation]Too bad Samsung HDDs are now Seagate. And Seagate's had worse reliability with their 7200.11's than OCZ's ever had.

tuch92

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2009
[citation][nom]dalauder[/nom]Too bad Samsung HDDs are now Seagate. And Seagate's had worse reliability with their 7200.11's than OCZ's ever had.[/citation]
I just meant SSDs in my post. Samsung SSDs are designed and built in-house. For HDDs I was partial to Western Digital:)

hannibal

Distinguished

See the MSRP prices

Petrol 64 GB mrps $113, 128
OCZ Agiltiy 3 60GB mrps $134.99
Crucial M4 MSRP: 64GB Model $150

So Petrol 64GB is about 20$ cheaper than Agility. Not a cheap, but not so bad neither.

mart666

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2011
Too expensives for that performance. Forget me for that series of SSD. Advise me if they cut their price about 50-60%...

shqtth

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2008
The prices are coming down finally :)

I don't like sandforce controllers as data recovery is a bitch, also blue screen of death issues.
So its nice to have other options. And flash is coming down in price. Just picked up a 128GB petrol for $120 :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS