OCZ Reveals the New Petrol SATA 3 SSD Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Doug, please send me a 512 GB drive for free. Thanks bud. Your pal, andboomer.

Temp_Username

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011
"Until today, SSD adoption has been limited to high performance applications due to the high cost of SSDs in relation to slower rotating discs, and we are proud to once again close the gap in pricing without sacrificing durability,"
How is this any cheaper than what they have now? The performance in most cases is also similar to their current line too.

BSMonitor

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2007
You guys totally missed the point. 30% savings for the company, not for the consumer. The cost to design and manufacture their own controller costs 30% less than paying Sandforce for their controller.

Cormag

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
I think those may be MSRP prices and they are not too bad. IF they start offering the silly rebates like everyone else then these drives will be on the more affordable side.

As a side note...what is going on with these rebates?! $100 rebates, really?

G

OCZ should learn from crucial....

1 line per generation from crucial (m4) vs 700 lines from ocz (which mostly fail after a short while, which also give tonnes of problems!)

You will stop carring about those crazy numbers once the ocz drives hit 0MBs and runs away with your data.

Just sayin'

G

Crucial M4: 256Gb = $379 and 512Gb = $736 on Newegg. And higher reliability!

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
[citation][nom]dalethepcman[/nom]Corsair force 3 60GB : $105OCZ Agiltiy 3 60GB : $110If its 30% cheaper, then there must be an additional 30% markup somewhere along the supply chain.[/citation]

I was gonna say...I can get a Crucial M4 512GB SSD that's faster and cheaper...doesn't make sense.

OCZ is trying to pull one a stunt on it's customers. Hey OCZ, Your not Apple!!! I don't think you have legions of people willing to pay for hardware that is overpriced for it's performance. I didn't come here to flame but after reading this you leave me little choice to protest in the cheapest, laziest, and quickest way I can think of.

theuniquegamer

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011
Why anyone need this petrol series ssd at such high price ? The agility 3 series ssd are priced much lower than these and performance is better than these ssds. If production cost is 30% cheaper then make its price atleast 25% cheaper than the agility 3 series then people may buy it

halcyon

Splendid
Folks really knock OCZ's reliability, I guess I'm been the lucky exception with their Vertex 2 and Vertex 3 drives. I have 3 Vertex 2's and 1 Vertex 3 and none of them have had any troubles.

G

The actual MSRP is much cheaper, for example $150 for the 200 GB Petrol, according to OCZ (provided to other websites). Not sure where tom got their prices from.

Status
Not open for further replies.