jamesr10962

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009
Hi, I purchased a ocz revo drive pci-4, raid 0. Is raid 0 "built in" or should I run it under ACHI. ? I know that`s a dumb question but I want to make sure I do it right . This drive will be boot drive for OS . Thanks very much for any replies

Solution
Hello jamesr10962;

Yes, RAID 0 is 'on the card'.

What model did you get? RevoDrive X2?
Check the Note at the bottom.

This other note might also apply to your model.
You must set your BIOS to use S1 Sleep Mode for proper operation with the Revo/Ibis. Using S3 or AUTO sleep modes may cause instability.

Hello jamesr10962;

Yes, RAID 0 is 'on the card'.

What model did you get? RevoDrive X2?
Check the Note at the bottom.

This other note might also apply to your model.
You must set your BIOS to use S1 Sleep Mode for proper operation with the Revo/Ibis. Using S3 or AUTO sleep modes may cause instability.

Solution

jamesr10962

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009

I believe it`s the first version WR. I`ve downloaded the drivers from ocz`s site.

jamesr10962

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009

The box "says" RevoDrive. PCI-Ex. X4. Very little documentation. Only instructions were to get drivers.
I` Then said change boot order to SCSI. I hope my gigabyte 990FXA has that option. I`m doing the install with new components tomorrow. All is still in their boxes. I haven`t looked for guide yet on ocz`s website. Will do that when I get off from work. Thanks for all your help. I`ll ck back in an hour.