[SOLVED] ocz trion 150 won't boot

Jun 6, 2021
I Had my pc open to work on it and my windows 10 SSD PSU cable got unplugged. currently, I can access the windows 10 SSD and all its files just fine by booting into a different windows 7 partition on another SSD but it won't boot. It says drive inaccessible when I try.
Also after fiddling with and trying to get the windows 10 SSD to boot again another separate SSD started having a similar problem. I can't access any of its files amd it shows up as a RAW partition in Disk Management but for some reason, I can access its files just fine if I plug the SSD into my laptop.
Same with the windows 10 SSD. Both SSDs work just fine on my laptop, but on my pc the Windows 10 partitioned SSD can't boot, and the second storage SSD shows up as RAW and shows no storage in windows explorer. It just shows a drive letter with nothing, no size or storage info is displayed on the drive.

Both SSDs Windows 10 and the storage SSD and currently plugged in by USB to Sata cables. These same cables work just fine with the drives on my laptop.

Solution
windows OS SSD was plugged in internally but the SATA power cable got unplugged while I had the case open,
the little housing covered the pins cracked so I'm now using another Sata to USB for the windows 10 OS and can't get it to boot from there.
That is not going to work.
You can not boot into windows from USB connected drive.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of your motherboard? BIOS version for your motherboard? Make and model of your PSU and it's age? You might want t consider backing up any and/or all data from your original OS SSD if you're able to access it, after which I'd advise to reinstall the OS on the original OS SSD. Speaking of SSD's, are they both OCZ units? As for your other SSD that was used as storage, you could use TestDisk or Recuva but your mileage can and will vary.

Please elaborate on cables, your post was a little hard to follow...since you didn't mention the specs to your build alongside the two SSD's( or more) and the donor system.

Jun 6, 2021
gigabyte Z170x-gaming 3 Bios Version f7
my PSU is a corsair CS750M it's about 3 years old, I'm not having any other power problems.
The storage drive is a month old Crucial MX500 1TB, and the SSD drive with my os has a good 81% health status according to CrystalDiskInfo 21754GB Total Host Writes.
As for the cables the storage drive was always plugged in using a SATA to USB like this the windows OS SSD was plugged in internally but the SATA power cable got unplugged while I had the case open,
the little housing covered the pins cracked so I'm now using another Sata to USB for the windows 10 OS and can't get it to boot from there.
The storage drive can be accessed and used just fine through the SATA to USB on my laptop but doesn't show any files or storage size on my pc and shows up as RAW under Disk Management.

Jun 6, 2021
after unplugging the windows 10 SSD from the USB the storage drive started working. I only had the problems with the storage drive after plugging win 10 drive into the USB next to it, not sure why but they don't seem to want to work together through USB for some reason.
I'm hoping they'll both work again in the original configuration assuming I can just use this splitter since the sata power cable got cracked and can't hold the pins in place.