Status
Not open for further replies.

keith808

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010
should i get this because its only 114.99 with the rebate or wait till black friday and cyber monday. do you think the prices will go down?

Solution
If you have no issue waiting till Midnight on BF (2 weeks) I am sure at least 1 SSD will be $1 a GB. Personally unless I can buy at that price point I am waiting for the next gen. This year should have some good sales for the simple fact people are buying less. Go look at Neweggs "poll" 50% are buying less so usually they will tempt us harder to make their quarter :)

Sure it will saturate my SATA2 board but with Vertex you never get the speeds on the box on compressed data so on a SATA3 drive I should get SATA2 capped numbers on compressed data. Most Vertex 2 users I know get 200mb read/170mb write. Which is not bad but I wont upgrade for 2-3 years so I want a drive that gives me full performance :) That to me is worth waiting 2-3 months.

djsprinkle

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
I've doing a ton of research on SSD prices and I think the Vertex is the best deal for a 60GB right now. Hard to say about black Friday, I guess if you don't mind waiting it's worth checking it out.

Twist86

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2008
If you have no issue waiting till Midnight on BF (2 weeks) I am sure at least 1 SSD will be $1 a GB. Personally unless I can buy at that price point I am waiting for the next gen. This year should have some good sales for the simple fact people are buying less. Go look at Neweggs "poll" 50% are buying less so usually they will tempt us harder to make their quarter :)

Sure it will saturate my SATA2 board but with Vertex you never get the speeds on the box on compressed data so on a SATA3 drive I should get SATA2 capped numbers on compressed data. Most Vertex 2 users I know get 200mb read/170mb write. Which is not bad but I wont upgrade for 2-3 years so I want a drive that gives me full performance :) That to me is worth waiting 2-3 months.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS