Question OCZ Vertex 4 - whats the best method to recover?

dan1331

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2012
Hello I have one of the old OCZ Vertex 4 's that performed so badly it put the company out of business. Can anyone tell me what method works the best for these to recover at home? So many people had problems with these I expected to find a go-to method saying "this works best" but the only thing I can find is saying OCZ was paying for data recovery for a short time a very long time ago. If there is anything I can try here please give me a link and I'll do it all.

Thanks!

popatim

Titan
You're quite likely to go nowhere with this. That drive used an indilinx controller and they were bought by OCZ and then Toshiba bought them when OCZ went belly up. No one is really around that even developed these and no one developed anything to service /data recover them since there was no demand. Plus the drive used a hardware XOR engine that would have made Data Recovery a nightmare for anyone that tried it, beyond it just being a power issue that is.

Well thats about all I remember from when i looked at one of these years ago; the answer was good luck. LoL