OCZ Will Continue Using SSD Controllers From Competitors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well where is the grammar nazi's?? Here ya go:
OCZ has shared that in the future is is still planning on using SSD controllers manufactured by its competitors.

&

OCZ clearly holds a preference for its own SSD controllers for fairly obvious such as not needing to wait for other companies to release compatible memory and it is always easier to develop firmware for your own product.

So much for good grammar this year :(

ssd_pro

Honorable
Oct 15, 2012
Not a bad idea, as long as they stick to the mid-high end market now. Making that cheap stuff isn't a good idea, ie Petrol anyone?

Vertex 4 and Vector are amazing drives, rock solid and pro-quality. First time I opened Vector I was shocked at the build quality. Had 3 for just about 3 months now and they are trouble free and the fastest I own.

folkema

Honorable
Feb 20, 2013
SandForce has been owned by LSI for a while now and the SF-22xxx drives have been stable for a long time. I see no reason not to keep using 3rd party controllers if they keep selling and are reliable.

I agree with the Vector comments above. While I have never had an issue with any OCZ PSU or SSD, Vector really is an attempt to be something special - it is heavy duty and performs like a champ. I have both the 840 Pro and Vector and both are similar in speed, but the 840 Pro seems to slow some after a few days usage where the Vector actually seems to get faster, at least in benchmarks.

If I was OCZ and I had to keep using third-party controllers, then I'd stick with Marvell. I realize that SandForce has been improved significantly in reliability lately, but the trade off between compressible throughput and in-compressible throughput can be annoying. Maybe I'll be more impressed by the next SandForce controller and eat my words, but from where we stand now, I'd stick with Marvell over SandForce. OCZ and Marvell have a good history together at this point and a good future if they keep working together or a lot of things (what they did with Kilimanjaro was nothing short of spectacular for PCIe SSD storage).

G

[citation][nom]lunyone[/nom]Well where is the grammar nazi's?? Here ya go:OCZ has shared that in the future is is still planning on using SSD controllers manufactured by its competitors.&OCZ clearly holds a preference for its own SSD controllers for fairly obvious such as not needing to wait for other companies to release compatible memory and it is always easier to develop firmware for your own product.So much for good grammar this year[/citation]
How ironic. You criticize other people's grammar, yet you don't know when to use is/are, when to use a comma, when to use capital letters and that there's no apostrophe when expressing plural.

anti-painkilla

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
[citation][nom]sublime2k[/nom]How ironic. You criticize other people's grammar, yet you don't know when to use is/are, when to use a comma, when to use capital letters and that there's no apostrophe when expressing plural.[/citation]

Maybe a lazy grammar Nazi? He was hoping someone else to do it for him?

Status
Not open for further replies.