OCZ's New Enyo SSD Looks Sleek, Sexy

Status
Not open for further replies.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]Snipergod87[/nom]I dont know why I would want a drive based on USB 3.0 as opposed to being an internal drive, just doesnt make sense to me.[/citation]
It's just a extra big extra fast flash drive to carry in your pocket. :)

Next.

invlem

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
Honestly isn't this a tad overkill for an external drive? 64mb onboard cache? Are we afraid of stuttering?

I really don't see the point of going overkill for an external HDD, throw in a cheap controller, its not like you're running an OS on it (though I suppose you could)

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
The SATA and USB, and perhaps even the next PCI iteration, should be merged... Find a way to be able to bypass the CPU when necessary with USB, and provide a powered universal interface for peripherals and storage devices that is backwards-compatible with both...

I see no reason to keep the benefits of unpowered SATA with the flexibility of USB separate.

NeeKo

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2010
[citation][nom]icepick314[/nom]as long as it doesn't cost my right testicle....[/citation]
It will dude, it will.

liquidsnake718

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
Nice, but no price? Also the problem is that USB 3.0 outlets are still found on the back of the motherboards and not in the front of the pc casing which will make it a tad more annoying plugging in esp if ones desktop is on the floor

Hiniberus

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
[citation][nom]NeeKo[/nom]It will dude, it will.[/citation]

Probably your entire digestive tract while at it.

Maybe a right lung included? Both if you're a smoker though.

mouettus

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2010
[citation][nom]micky_lund[/nom]actually, OCZ values ur left one more[/citation]

Damnit... I'm a lefty nut producer kinda guy. I'll have to rely on my backup (the right one).

Status
Not open for further replies.