odd audio issue in 1998 Toyota corolla

Hi all I am have a odd issue in my brothers older car, I just had a new car radio installed in his car for Christmas. His old radio didn't work period no power or anything. When the new radio was installed it got power and would turn on, however now at this point there's no audio at all through Bluetooth, radio aux no sound to speakers. Thinking okay it maybe wiring to the speakers we were about to run new wires to them, however upon inspecting the old wires to the speakers there was no damage along the lines anywhere.... Now thinking ok not sure called car pros, they said to look at speaker fuses.... However doing a lot of digging into the matter I'm not finding any any at all signs of a speaker fuse. And it's not the fuses to the radio as the radio has power
What do I do at this point

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I would suggest taking it back to the point of install and ask them to look it over.

Are you using any manner of amp or conversion setup for the radio to power the speakers? It could be a bad fuse to the amp, could be something unplugged, etc.

I would suggest taking it back to the point of install and ask them to look it over.

Are you using any manner of amp or conversion setup for the radio to power the speakers? It could be a bad fuse to the amp, could be something unplugged, etc.
I am the point of install saddly, and before everyone ask yes we know it's wired in right. I followed the leads from the speaker on the passenger side it's wired to the proper speaker wires on the radio did the same for the speaker on the driver side. It is wired right as well, at this point I'm at a lose because like I said there is no damage to any lines I have pulled the old speakers out and put new ones in thinking the old ones were dead still no audio.... At this point the only thing I can think is there is no visible damage to the wires but to all the speakers this is making no since I'm so lost

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
In my own experience the only time I have seen a head unit drop output was in relation to being hooked up backwards (to power). Has the car required jumping off, etc. since install?

Might be worthwhile to pull the head unit, use a 12V power source or battery and hook directly to a speaker and see what happens outside the car enviro. If it doesn't work there then follow up with possible warranty replacement from the manufacturer for the head unit itself.

In my own experience the only time I have seen a head unit drop output was in relation to being hooked up backwards (to power). Has the car required jumping off, etc. since install?

Might be worthwhile to pull the head unit, use a 12V power source or battery and hook directly to a speaker and see what happens outside the car enviro. If it doesn't work there then follow up with possible warranty replacement from the manufacturer for the head unit itself.
The car hasn't once need jumped in the 3 weeks Ive been fighting this battle. But I don't know if that's because since hooking up everything and having no audio I unplugged the deck and haven't kept it plugged in. Having things wired wrong is what I'm thinking might be the issue I'm just confused as to how I would have power to the deck and all like nothing's wrong but there's just straight no audio

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
The way you word initial post indicates is what outputting sound at one point? Or was it that the unit powers on but provided no sound from the get-go?

It could be that you have the speakers wired incorrectly. In many cases it's not a bad idea to have a harness adapter from the radio you are installing for vehicle it will be in. Another issue could be if the stock system used some manner of amplifier inline. Generally, would be able to tell by the way the harness is set up and having seemingly extra wires.

The way you word initial post indicates is what outputting sound at one point? Or was it that the unit powers on but provided no sound from the get-go?

It could be that you have the speakers wired incorrectly. In many cases it's not a bad idea to have a harness adapter from the radio you are installing for vehicle it will be in. Another issue could be if the stock system used some manner of amplifier inline. Generally, would be able to tell by the way the harness is set up and having seemingly extra wires.
Powers on but no audio straight out the gate

Can you show a picture of the wire harness? The one you wired.
Wire harness View: https://imgur.com/a/2oIHm1v
here you go the best I can do at the moment dumping rain outside right now

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
My bet is that you have an inline amp of some type. Probably best to inquire about this on a car specific forum, or be willing to do some digging on your own.

If you take what you suspect to be a pair of speaker wires, you should be able to take that pair and tap them on a 9V battery and see if you hear bump. If you do there is nothing else in the way and should be straight to speaker. If not, it could be a variety of issues.

My bet is that you have an inline amp of some type. Probably best to inquire about this on a car specific forum, or be willing to do some digging on your own.

If you take what you suspect to be a pair of speaker wires, you should be able to take that pair and tap them on a 9V battery and see if you hear bump. If you do there is nothing else in the way and should be straight to speaker. If not, it could be a variety of issues.
Yeah I was told to try this earlier saddly with how wet it is outside I don't want to mess with it right at the moment with wet hands and stuff I see things going bad quickly if there is a online amp can I buy pass this without a bunch of extra work or even set it up so it is wired as well?

Yeah I was told to try this earlier saddly with how wet it is outside I don't want to mess with it right at the moment with wet hands and stuff I see things going bad quickly if there is a online amp can I buy pass this without a bunch of extra work or even set it up so it is wired as well?
If it does have premium sound it more than like has amplification downstream of head unit.

As for inquiring about if the car has a inline amp or whatever on a car specific forum I have and no one seems to know the answer the only thing I can do to find out at this point is call Toyota and ask I guess

Yeah there's no amp their all ran straight to the deck
You said were able to trace directly from head unit to speaker?!

If there is in fact an amp you'll need to wire each speaker directly to the head unit.
Check the brown(ground) wire.

The two remaining green wires are more than likely dimmer and illumination(not needed)

Look here: https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/stereodetail/2065.html
They are also green like one set of the speaker wires so someone said to try switching them because I may have them backwards and I tried this didn't not work
And there are no extra wires the brown wire is ground but dead bipassed
The second set of green wires from research are the illumination wires