Question Odd Color Shifting Between Monitors

Mar 16, 2021
I'm not really sure if this would be the right place to post this but I noticed a weird color shift between my monitors after installing the 20H2 update for windows. I never had this problem before the update but It doesn't seem to be the color settings on my monitors or on my Nvidia control panel.

View: https://imgur.com/grTA8p4

It is a bit hard to notice it on video but it only seems to do it with red colors. It also happens between monitors. Both are the same model and have never done this until updating windows.
I don't really know what else to add besides the video.

Edit: I found out that It defaulted to an old color profile I made a while back which I've forgotten about and was able to easily change it back.

Last edited:

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Most likely it's a transparency when you drag the mouse. I get it a little on my dual monitors, but they have to swap between dp and hdmi as they are different monitors. As soon as I stop motion, the colors 'un-fade'. Newer windows have a stoppage on the right side of the screen, move a mouse there too slowly and it'll open a notifications bar. It takes a faster movement to bypass that. If you move the mouse at the wrong speed between monitors its also possible the bar is wanting to open but you prevent it, creating the transparency affect.

Mar 16, 2021
Most likely it's a transparency when you drag the mouse. I get it a little on my dual monitors, but they have to swap between dp and hdmi as they are different monitors. As soon as I stop motion, the colors 'un-fade'. Newer windows have a stoppage on the right side of the screen, move a mouse there too slowly and it'll open a notifications bar. It takes a faster movement to bypass that. If you move the mouse at the wrong speed between monitors its also possible the bar is wanting to open but you prevent it, creating the transparency affect.
Thank you for taking the time to reply but I don't think this might be the issue. But on thing I was able find out is that at launch after a restart the color is stable until a few seconds later it will change the orange instead of red.