CPU: AMD FX 4100 unclocked black edition 3.6 - 3.8 GHZ
CPU Cooler: Noctua L-12 both fans at max rpms
MOBO: MSI 970A-G46 motherboard
RAM: 8 GB 1600 MHZ Kingston Hyper X blue memory
GPU: XFX Radeon HD 6870 1 GB GDDR5 Core Edition
HDD: 1 TB Seagate barracuda
PSU: Corsair GS700, 700 Watt power supply with 80 plus bronze
Case: ThermalTake V3 Black edition AtX tower

So anyways I just got this cooler after lots of research on coolers that could fit in my tower and this one seemed very good and I am actually impressed that I get my idles at 29 to 31 and my max temps using prime 95 for about an hour as of right now are not going above 40 and usually just sit at 39 which is great but I was checking my temps in different spots with different apps and i came across a few odd max and mins with hwmonitor. I have a screenshot of my control center HW, and Aida 64 all running and prime95 in the background I have circles problem areas and want to know whats up with this stuff if anyone has any idea. The TMPIN's on HW have weird max and mins that even if I watch them going don't show up at all as my value at the time like -150 or +250 in Celsius is this normal or is something up. Thanks.
Sorry but Image is fairly large I was in a hurry for work so did not have time to reduce the res on it but at least its clear

http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag112/ryan_mac1/PCPrime95Temps_zps2ed2ae06.png

scottfree1

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012
Don't worry about it, their just aren't sensors on those spots on your particular board, the only one that may useful to look for is CPU Diode temp vs CPU socket temp, the diode is under the cpu and runs like 5c hotter the the cpu if that one is way out of whack then you should look into it..

ryamacdo

Honorable
Jan 11, 2013

How do I find my diode temp? Is it in my picture or does it have a specific tag I can look for it by? Thanks and I removed my old thermal compound and put a newer one on and I got even lower temps by -2 Celcius

scottfree1

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012
Depends on the mobo, speedfan can get it from some, diode temps are notorious for being unreliable so beware the data may end up being crap.. 10c off from real touching it with a temp probe temp wouldn't be a surprise...

ryamacdo

Honorable
Jan 11, 2013
in speed fan my temps are as follows Temp1 33 C Temp2 47 C Temp 3 33C then my hdd and gpu have their temps but they are normal for what they are and I am runnign prime95 still so does that seem decent? Sorry for bothering you with these questions this is my first build which was on a budget so its still a learning process lol

scottfree1

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012
Sounds fine 60c is my warn temp, I use core temp (http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/) monitors temps allows you set warn/sleep/shutdown @ XX temp sits in tray and has a gadget if you want. If mine gets over 65c for 3min+ it puts my system to sleep, pretty slick..