Question Odd crashing that I can't seem to diagnose

Oct 17, 2020
I've been having issues that I can't seem to figure out where Windows will just start to hang up.

Usually it happens when I'm in a game, which will stop working. The music will continue and I'll be able to still move my cursor but eventually it will all stop. Happens with nearly every game. I was blaming it on the games because a number of them were known for crashing anyway (cyberpunk, civ6, AC Valhalla)

Then if I'm able to get back to windows and open task manager and close the game, I'm then unable to do anything else in Windows. Everything just slowly stops working. My taskbar will stop working and I'll be unable to restart the computer using Windows. It doesn't give me an error, it just does nothing. I'm able to click on start, power, then shut down, but then just nothing happens. I can't open anything, and eventually the start menu stops coming up.

I don't get a blue screen, don't get an error, and all I can do is a hard restart. Once I do the restart I check event logs and the only thing that comes up is the fact that I did a hard restart.

It's getting more frequent now. I tried reinstalling Windows, tried getting a new hard drive and running Windows off that one (a whole other thing, gave up on that too). I thought it was temperature based and added a ton of fans and a liquid CPU cooler, which didn't seem to solve anything except making noise.

At my wits end, I know this is vague but I'm really hoping someone can help. I can get any additional info, listing some device info below

Device name DESKTOP-HUBR4FF
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz 3.79 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB
Device ID 8A17B937-F4B2-4B2A-8CD5-72A92BBB2DDA
Product ID 00325-80000-00000-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
GPU: GeForce 2070 Super

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 20H2
Installed on ‎2020-‎10-‎17
OS build 19042.928
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

Oct 17, 2020
Seasonic FOCUS GM-650W 80+ Gold is the PSU

I don't have any temp info right now but I've ran CPUID HWMonitor as well as the Corsair software while playing and the charts never indicated that the temperatures were anything extreme.

It happened about an hour ago when I was just watching Youtube, suddenly I couldn't exit full screen but the video was still playing then Windows did the thing where everything just slowly stops responding until I have to do a hard restart