Odd Event message

Anyone seen the event

The Security System could not establish a secured
connection with the server DNS/prisoner.iana.org? I get
this about every one hour in my Event Request.

In news:2322801c45e4d$1c6b8e00$a301280a@phx.gbl,
Free Beck <jakefbeck@yahoo.com> posted a question
Then Kevin replied below:
> Anyone seen the event
>
> The Security System could not establish a secured
> connection with the server DNS/prisoner.iana.org? I get
> this about every one hour in my Event Request.

Not to odd, common in Win2k3 if you have not configured a reverse lookup
zone for your private IP subnet and/or if you have your ISP's DNS in TCP/IP
properties.
Configure a reverse lookup zone and/or remove your ISP's DNS from TCP/IP
properties.

--
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]

Hi Kevin,

I've done that and I still get the same message exactly
every 1 hour. :( Thoughts?

your
>newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from
your issue.
>To respond directly to me remove the nospam. from my
email.
> http://www.lonestaramerica.com/
>Use Outlook Express?... Get OE_Quotefix:
>It will strip signature out and more
>Keep a back up of your OE settings and folders with
>OEBackup:
>

>.

In news:241ef01c45f0d$79132d50$a501280a@phx.gbl,
anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
posted a question
Then Kevin replied below:
> Hi Kevin,
>
> I've done that and I still get the same message exactly
> every 1 hour. :( Thoughts?

That is what causes the error, check your reverse zone name. I can't see
your monitor so you'll have to throw me a bone.

--
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]
Hope This Helps
============================
newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
To respond directly to me remove the nospam. from my email.
http://www.lonestaramerica.com/
It will strip signature out and more
OEBackup:

Well, here's one that I'm getting from my goofed up DNS.
A non-delivery report with a status code of 5.4.0 was
generated for recipient rfc822;orickom@co.lucas.p
(Message-ID <002a01c45ee9$e23c4c90
$0200000a@nalboh.org>).
Causes: This message indicates a DNS problem or an IP
address configuration problem
Solution: Check the DNS using nslookup or dnsq. Verify
the IP address is in IPv4 literal format.
For more information, click

And anotether.

The Security System could not establish a secured
connection with the server DNS/prisoner.iana.org. No
authentication protocol was available.

If I can resolve both of these problems I'll be very
happy..
>That is what causes the error, check your reverse zone
name. I can't see
>your monitor so you'll have to throw me a bone.

I'll let you term serv in if you want.. I have to fix
this

In news:23a7001c45f20$bf354cb0$a601280a@phx.gbl,
anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
posted a question
Then Kevin replied below:

These to messages are totally unrelated and have nothing to do with each
other.

This is a non-delivery report from a mail server, this is what RFC 1893 says
about the error code:
X.4.0 Other or undefined network or routing status

Something went wrong with the networking, but it is not
clear what the problem is, or the problem cannot be well
expressed with any of the other provided detail codes.

If the email address in the NDR is the one you're trying to send to it does
not even have an authorised TLD, which may be the reson for the 5.4.0

> Well, here's one that I'm getting from my goofed up DNS.
> A non-delivery report with a status code of 5.4.0 was
> generated for recipient rfc822;orickom@co.lucas.p
> (Message-ID <002a01c45ee9$e23c4c90
> $0200000a@nalboh.org>).
> Causes: This message indicates a DNS problem or an IP
> address configuration problem
> Solution: Check the DNS using nslookup or dnsq. Verify
> the IP address is in IPv4 literal format.
> For more information, click
> http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.
>
> And anotether.

This one is your server trying to register its addresses in the blackhole
DNS server, which is the subject of your original post. You are getting this
because you have either mis-confifured your reverse lookup zone for your
private subnet or it does not exist in the DNS server in TCP/IP properties.
Do you see the DNS/prisoner.iana.org. in the message?
If you had a reverse lookup zone it would not get to that DNS server,
prisoner.iana.org is the blackhole DNS server for private IP addresses.