[SOLVED] Odd (For me )Random Program freeze up in windows

Mike2009

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
Im not sure if the title is the correct wording , but what im experiencing ,, is randomly , but not constantly ill be playing a game, watching a video through my browser whatever , the game/ browser just stops working,, I can move the mouse around, I can open the start menu but i cannot open task manager, restart the pc through menu, but the apps i had open ,, oen back , but dont work.

Heres what Ive tried so far to fix this situation
Updated windows,,,, (caused another issue had to roll back because of esent errors )
Disabled windows defender through group policies,,, and in the reg editor ,
Turned off the message signal interrupt for both drives in the system,
Ran sysscan in safe mode
Ran chkdsk in safemode
pulled out all my hair in frustration mode.

i have to hold down power button to reboot the sysyem since i wait for a minute or so and still nothing.

System is about 3 months old i built it myself

CPU - Ryzen 5 3600 with a ARCTIC Freezer 33 eSports ONE cooler
Motherboard - MSI A320m Pro Max (Disabled turbo boost, and Have turned off XMP profile on ram back to 2133 in case that was causing it since this motherboard is a bit cheap)
Ram - Corsair vengance 16gb 3200 dual channel
SSD - Crucial BX500 240gb boot drive
HDD - WD Blue 1tb 7200rpm storage
Video Card - Gigabyte GTX 1660 super OC (I've under clocked it back some due to the case temps were a little high)
Powersupply - Corsair Cv550

Drivers updated ,, Steam library and games kept on the Harddrive, Reinstalled drivers in case that was the isssue ,, Event Viewer doesnt indicate anything .

Solution
Check which programs are currently running at the same time. It often happens that a number of utilities are running that consume computer resources, which significantly increases the load on the system. Disable those programs that you are not currently using. It is recommended to disable it through the task manager menu.

In many cases, freezing signals that viruses have entered the computer. Virus programs can severely degrade system performance by pumping resources. Check the OS for viruses using antivirus programs, then you need to completely clean the computer of viruses.

From time to time it is necessary to perform such actions as cleaning the system from accumulated garbage in the form of unnecessary files. Disk Defragmenter is...

Mike2009

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
Results the SSD is looking slow but it test ran smoothly ...

Im also reading these drives lose performance after 3 months of use ,, perhaps i should just install my os on a harddrive and forget the ssd ? not sure that would resolve my problem though

Mike2009

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
All my games and other little programs are on the HDD but its not even close to half full , however this could not happen for a day then the problem just randomly happens ill try it though but answer might be a long delay

Edit : I ran the benchmark again and this time making sure i had all the stuff I had open previously and the score was signifigantly better Results
Game 58%, Desk 81%, Work 55%
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 - 78.5%
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1660S (Super) - 69.9%
SSD: Crucial BX500 240GB - 84.7%
HDD: WD Blue 1TB (2012) - 84.8%
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB - 70.1%
MBD: MSI A320M-A PRO MAX (MS-7C52)

Last edited:

Mike2009

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
Yeah i set all that back , and i think i found the issue , it seems that the graphics driver is crashing and causes the freeze up,, but im now able to get the desktop to recover and shut down the pc etc properly when it happens, Inow think its a grpahics card issue so the windows 10 might not be the culprit.

frederickalliston

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 12, 2020
Check which programs are currently running at the same time. It often happens that a number of utilities are running that consume computer resources, which significantly increases the load on the system. Disable those programs that you are not currently using. It is recommended to disable it through the task manager menu.

In many cases, freezing signals that viruses have entered the computer. Virus programs can severely degrade system performance by pumping resources. Check the OS for viruses using antivirus programs, then you need to completely clean the computer of viruses.

From time to time it is necessary to perform such actions as cleaning the system from accumulated garbage in the form of unnecessary files. Disk Defragmenter is launched through the Start menu in utilities. You can clean your PC using special cleaning programs.

Solution