Skates212

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011
not really sure how to describe this, I just got a new monitor from newegg ASUS VE258Q its great omg so nice to have a led and so big. but of course it has 1 stuck nasty pixel that I am currently trying to fix
but what is making me worried is that it apears to have a glowing fist mark on it. you cant see it during normal use but while on black when the backlight is glowing, if you stand up to view the monintor from a angle you can see like a glowing smudge about the size of a fist. not sure if its the leds glowing in the back.... or wtf any ideas? should i get a rma>

MagicPants

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2006
If the stuck pixel is bright then it's really a dead pixel. TN panels apply voltage to block light, not let it through. If so, then sorry, but you probably can't fix it.

If the glowing fist is around the pixel, it could be a sign of damage at the factory and you should return it, but be careful not to damage the monitor yourself while trying to fix a dead pixel.

best-gaming-monitor

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011
Uh, yeah dude. Sounds likes someone at the factory wasn't very careful with your monitor.

My brother had something like this happen too. He got a VX2450wm-LED. It had about 6 dead pixels and this weird "smudge bleeding" on the bottom left corner. Really bizarre.

He exchanged it and the second unit was flawless.

You really should get it exchanged. Hopefully the place you bought it from has a rock solid return policy, I always recommend it.

Andy