Question Odd happenings with my computer

Sep 25, 2019
CPU: i7 6700k (AIO Water cooled)
Memory HyperX 8GBx4
GPU: GTX 980ti EVGA OC (OEM Cooler)
MOBO: Asus Z170-A
Monitors(x2): AOC G2460PG; Acer Predator XB271HU
PSU: EVGA Supernova NEX 650G 80Plus Gold
Malware scan: Windows Defender quick scan revealed nothing; Malwarebytes scan on both drives revealed nothing.
Driver Version: 436.60 (Nvidia)

Lately, games launched through steam seem to have a massive frame drop every 5 mins and 2 seconds on the dot. This is not the case with non steam games.
-Steam games tested: Besiege, Team Fortress 2, Dark Souls 3, Beat Saber in VR.
all of the above had frame drops every 5 mins and 2 seconds
-Non-steam games tested: Titanfall 2, World of Tanks, Minecraft
I did not experience frame drops in any of these games.

During the timing test, the GPU usage tanked and stayed tanked for a few seconds, causing my computer to slow down and eventually crash to a blank desktop with no taskbar or anything.

Just today, some of my icons turned into globes. (Besiege, Team Fortress 2, Witcher 3, Assassins Creed: Odyssey)

I really need help as I have absolutely no clue whats going on with my computer. Thanks.

Lutfij

Titan
Which version of Windows 10 are you on? You might want to state where the games/steam library are/is located, on the SSD or the HDD? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Steam? Prior to that, make sure you've ruled out corrupt drivers by uninstalling with DDU and reinstalling with the latest off of Nvidia's support site.

Sep 25, 2019
Which version of Windows 10 are you on? You might want to state where the games/steam library are/is located, on the SSD or the HDD? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Steam? Prior to that, make sure you've ruled out corrupt drivers by uninstalling with DDU and reinstalling with the latest off of Nvidia's support site.

Sorry. I am on version 1903 18362.356 but i will check for updates. My steam games are located on my HDD and the launcher itself is on my SSD. Do I uninstall steam and all of my games? If so I will reinstall steam on my SSD and the games back on my HDD.
Im not completely sure how to use DDU so I might need some help with it.

Fairly easy test - next time you see the frame drop, look at your hard drive indicator light. Is it solid or flashing like crazy? Then your slowness is probably caused by your hard drive getting hammered, loading up to 32 GB of data to RAM. What is the Make/Model of your hard drive?

Sep 25, 2019
Fairly easy test - next time you see the frame drop, look at your hard drive indicator light. Is it solid or flashing like crazy? Then your slowness is probably caused by your hard drive getting hammered, loading up to 32 GB of data to RAM. What is the Make/Model of your hard drive?
It is a seagate 2TB 7200RPM HDD
Update: I have gone through DDU and reinstalled my graphics drivers and the globe icons have returned to normal. I will test some games now to see if the frame drop issue persists.
Ok I tested TF2 and I think its still happening. I will test some other games later to see if its just TF2 being TF2.