Odd issue causing PC to shut down entirely without any sort of BSOD or dump

Frozenassets

Commendable
Nov 21, 2016
Built a new Ryzen PC last year. Worked perfectly for a few months, then moved to a new home. This is where it gets a little weird. It just started powering off, I quickly realized that it happened when I was playing WoW+watching a Periscope video on the 2nd monitor. As long as I wasn't watching Periscope, everything ran ok. I put some effort into figuring out but not a ton. Since then I've seen the same issue crop up a few times but it was always the same, running a game+a streaming site. As mentioned, the PC just powers down cold, no dump, nothing in event logs. Makes you think hardware issue right? This is where it gets a tad stranger. Just finished Banner Saga and it worked perfectly, just installed Banner Saga 2 tonight and I can't get through an in game video at all without a power off, even with no browser open.

What I've tried

Upgraded Video drivers
Upgraded Bios
Ran game in compatability mode for Windows 7
Changed Memory timings
Uninstalled Flash
Installed Adobe Air (apparently it's used by Banner Saga)

Worth mentioning as it contradicts most hardware issues like heat/insecure CPU cooler, insufficient PSU etc. I can multibox 9 WoW accounts ALL DAY LONG and play a movie on a 2nd screen and browse the web on a 3rd it will never crash as long as I don't go to a streaming site. This is insanely more resource intensive than anything a simple game like Banner Saga can dish out so it feels like a software/driver issue but software problems don't generally power down your PC......

Generally pretty good as whittling away at a problem until I find the answer but this one has me scratching my head. Could use some suggestions!

Frozenassets

Commendable
Nov 21, 2016

GPU is the only part of the PC that isn't new as I was waiting for next gen to see what would happen with prices. Have a R9 290 and use the default AMD driver and software bundle. You may be on the right track as it's always in game or streaming video that causes the crash. As mentioned I can run 9 instances of Warcraft and watch a movie on VLC and browse the interwebs and it's rock solid. Do a clean boot and try and and play the Banner Saga 2 "Recap" video that summarizes what happened in the 1st game? Powers off every time. It feels like a software or driver issue, not a hardware one. A hardware problem should be more random.