Odd Issue With New(er) IPS LED Monitor

Xmsteel

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011
Hey all,

I bought a new monitor for my new rig I built a couple months ago, and I've just experienced a strange issue with it twice now. At first, I thought it was a graphics card issue (Sapphire R9 290), but the second time it happened I turned off my monitor, then back on, and the issue went away.

This is the monitor I have: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824025098

Because the issue is so hard to explain, I luckily caught it on camera. Note that this is NOT a trick of the camera or the refresh rate, this is actually the issue I am having. Below is the link to the youtube video.

https://youtu.be/96MCsNq6mrg

And the best part? I'm SOL because I've had it 7 months now. (Which was a shocker, I thought it was newer but oh well).

could be a few things. one it could be electrial cross talk from a power supply or speakers. it can also be if your using dvi or vga a bent pin or broken pin on video cable or a bad video or lose cable. the last issue is bad video info from the pc video card. easy test move the monitor to another pc see if the issue folows the monitor or the pc. if you think it the gpu in the pc. pull it and use onboard video see if the issue comes back. the last issue could be a failing power supply and your seeing it on your monitor. most newer monitors have 12 month exchange now on them. you have to find where you can send your old one back if it bad or a local shop that can repair it.

Xmsteel

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011

I suppose it could be the speakers, I didn't think of that. They are Electrostatic and sit one on each end of the monitor. Odd that it would just now start happening though, I've had these speakers longer than the monitor.

I'm using a HDMI cable, connections snug. I haven't noticed any issues with the PSU and its a Corsair HX650 which seems to have a pretty good track record.

If this issue continues to get worse I'll try on board vs GPU. As of right now it has only happened twice and both time randomly. Too inconsistent to try on-board, especially when I do heavy gaming.