Question Odd issues with RAM

Dec 30, 2019
I’m having some very strange issues with my ram. I bought one package that contained two 4gb sticks, and one I also bought one 8gb stick. Each stick works individually, but when I put in the 4gb sticks together it has a tendency to crash, and when I put in either of the 4gb sticks with the 8gb sticks it works fine.

I don’t really need help, just wondering what the heck is happening

Dec 30, 2019
Memory is guaranteed in the form sold. Other combinations you decide to create have no guarantee to be compatible together.

Since you can make any combinations you want, your free to do your own compatibility testing with no guarantees.

I understand, but I’m having comparability issues with sticks that were in the same box. They are one product. If that’s confusing, look at this link. Those linked ram sticks crash my computer when they are in my PC at the same time.

I understand, but I’m having comparability issues with sticks that were in the same box. They are one product. If that’s confusing, look at this link. Those linked ram sticks crash my computer when they are in my PC at the same time.
Download and install memtest86 to a usb drive and scan both 4GB modules one at a time. If they get errors at 2666Mhz or 2133Mhz, send the kit back for a replacement or get a different brand kit.

lynx1021

Distinguished
Yeah , I don't like Patriot because the don't have a memory finder that you can find the correct memory for your board
The difference may be the set is single rank and the 8gb is double rank and you board likes it better, Patriot doesn't show all their specs like Kingston does.