Odd mouse clicking problem

raije

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009
My mouse clicks stop working randomly, and on random things.
Sometimes I can't interact with windows whatsoever but can still click and open and move icons on my desktop.
I'm running windows 10 64 bit and ctrl alt del to bring up the blue screen fixes it, either that or reboot. Unplug and replugging in the mouse does not.
I have an almost new steelseries rival 600.
the way the mouse behaves leads me to believe this is something to do with software or firmware.
this has only happened over the last few days. it happened before i had any software installed for the mouse. i them installed some software thinking that would solve it but it did not.

Solution
By far the simplest way to narrow down the issue is by a cheap wired mouse. If the problem goes away then I would consider your mouse to be the problem. If it does not then their is most likely something that is installed that is interfering.

dshort01

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2006
By far the simplest way to narrow down the issue is by a cheap wired mouse. If the problem goes away then I would consider your mouse to be the problem. If it does not then their is most likely something that is installed that is interfering.

Solution