Question Odd problem with Xbox controller used as mouse.

Mar 6, 2019
Hey guys. I set up a computer in my living room (hooked up to the tv) and purchased the "xbox wireless controller + xbox wireless adapter for windows 10" bundle and the controller companion software to have my xbox controller replace/function as mouse/keyboard and that works great! No complaint there.

However I bumped into an issue that so far I haven't been able to fix. If I have no mouse hooked up to the computer the mouse cursor is invisible. The xbox controller and mouse cursor work fine and with a bit of luck you can maneuver the mouse cursor to the right program or short cut and double click it but well the mouse cursor is invisible. Hooking up a mouse makes the mouse cursor appear however this is not an option due to my mouse moving a little bit every 10 seconds or so which on websites such as youtube cancels fullscreen or brings up the interface/ menu.

My question is how can I have windows recognize the xbox controller as mouse which I assume would auto fix the problem with the invisible mouse cursor or if that isn't possible how can I fix the mouse cursor being invisible when no mouse is hooked up to the computer?

This is a family friendly site.
Mind your language.
Lutfij

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 6, 2019
You might want to have the mouse plugged in and flipped upside down to prevent the sensor from picking up any movement. On a side note, faulty/cheap mice tend to exhibit mouse cursor creep. You can try and have electrical tape over the mouse sensor and see if that stops the issue with mouse creep. Are you working with this companion app?
Mhm that's the app I'm using. A bit outdated but not a problem since all buttons are programmable.
Now that I switched from a 5 dollar mouse to a logitech gaming mouse the cursor movement is gone which fixes the problem but I'm still looking for a solution to the invisible cursor problem / a way to make the living room computer function without having to plug in a mouse.