Odd Question

I've got and odd question to ask...

Anyone know of away to get scratches out of the plastics? I have a new
PE400SE that got the side scratched up while I was adding memory and such.
Apparently there was some sort of gritty material on my work bench and when
I closed up the box and stood it up the side has several long but not so
deep scratches and swirls.

Any ideas?

If not does anyone know what Dell charges for a new side?

--

Rob

"Robert R Kircher, Jr." <rrkircher@hotmail.com> wrote in

> I've got and odd question to ask...
>
> Anyone know of away to get scratches out of the plastics? I
> have a new PE400SE that got the side scratched up while I was
> adding memory and such. Apparently there was some sort of gritty
> material on my work bench and when I closed up the box and stood
> it up the side has several long but not so deep scratches and
> swirls.
>
> Any ideas?

Try a very mild abrasive, such as:
- Metal polish e.g. for brass or silver ornaments.
- Paint restoring polish for car (auto) paintwork.
- Toothpaste for smokers(!)

Suggest you try a test area out of sight first, just in case. [pun
unintended]