Question Odd titan z issue

Jul 28, 2022
So now after being able to flash rhe bios i ran into a new weird issue. When i reflash the bios the card works sort of like its supposed to but it raises more questions than answers. The card for what ever reason wont go over 60% utilization and the performance is absolutely aweful. Were talking gt210 performance with 3d mark scoring 2731 points . This is not normal at all. When i restart my pc when i load into windows it freezes for about a minute then makes it into windows and 1 gpu error 43s and the gpu is no longer detected by any apps like msi afterburner and furmark. Once i reflash the card and restart the card begins working but in a severely knee capped state. Im thinking one of the bios chips on the card isnt working properly but i want go hear some opinions to try some other things out before eeprom flashing a new chip and soldering.
Full system specs
Gigabyte aorus b450
Ryzen 9 5950x
Trident z rgb 16gb 4000mhz
Titan z
600 watt psu i forgot the name of
(Does perfectly fine when powering a 6900xt)

Last edited:
So i bought a titan z that has issues when it comes to installing the drivers. The card works perfectly up until a driver is installed. I began trying to flash a bios to it. After failing with the regular version of nvflash i moved over to a modded version that removes all limitations. I was able to flash bios 1 without any issues but when i tried to flash the second i got a subsystem missmatch which shouldnt even be a thing on the modded version of nvflash. After checking the bios is different on both. Im reaching out to see if anyone has had any experience flashing a dual gpu card and/or experienced something similar to what im seeing. And for more info the first gpu now pops up in gpuz how it should but the second shows no memory which is inline with my initial suspicion that i had of it being a corrupted bios.
does it shows as 2 cards in the nvflash? i remember doing the similiar fix on a ryzen build, one using gt 730, one 1030, im reviving the 1030 ones, i use the index command to flash the bios to the assigned card. did you use the modded bypass nvflash for the 2nd bios?

Jul 28, 2022
does it shows as 2 cards in the nvflash? i remember doing the similiar fix on a ryzen build, one using gt 730, one 1030, im reviving the 1030 ones, i use the index command to flash the bios to the assigned card. did you use the modded bypass nvflash for the 2nd bios?
Yes. Both cards show up in nvflash and i did try to use the modded nvflash to flash the second bios. Whats odd is even though i shouldnt have any kind of errors pertaining to subsystem ids or anything i still got one when trying to flash that bios. Im gonna make another attempt at it tomorrow and if i can get it ill probably just order a eeprom flasher and just write directly to the chip itself.

Yes. Both cards show up in nvflash and i did try to use the modded nvflash to flash the second bios. Whats odd is even though i shouldnt have any kind of errors pertaining to subsystem ids or anything i still got one when trying to flash that bios. Im gonna make another attempt at it tomorrow and if i can get it ill probably just order a eeprom flasher and just write directly to the chip itself.
A CH341A programmer and a soic8 clip should be sufficient if it could be clipped.

Jul 28, 2022
So i bought a titan z that has issues when it comes to installing the drivers. The card works perfectly up until a driver is installed. I began trying to flash a bios to it. After failing with the regular version of nvflash i moved over to a modded version that removes all limitations. I was able to flash bios 1 without any issues but when i tried to flash the second i got a subsystem missmatch which shouldnt even be a thing on the modded version of nvflash. After checking the bios is different on both. Im reaching out to see if anyone has had any experience flashing a dual gpu card and/or experienced something similar to what im seeing. And for more info the first gpu now pops up in gpuz how it should but the second shows no memory which is inline with my initial suspicion that i had of it being a corrupted bios.
I finally have an update. I was successfully able to flash a bios to both bioses using nvflash -6 bios.rom but i still lose signal after installing the driver. There is an improvement though because windows no longer locks up after losing signal so now i can power down my system by clicking the power button. That isnt it though because now when i restart my pc twice after installing the drivers i get error 43 in device manager on the titanz. I will keep trying and keep updating as i go along.