[SOLVED] Odd vintage VHS question

Dec 29, 2021
Hi all

Ok so this is a weird one and hope someone can help. I'll try to explain this as best I can.

Ok I have a small portable projector that has an HTMI input, thats about it. Its great but limited. Anyhow I want a way to play VHS/DVDs through my projector but (heres the next bit) without any leads.

I have, in the past managed to create a local signal to old analog devices to watch movies by transmitting them and picking up the signal. I was wondering if there was a way to link my DVD/VHS combo to a device that attaches to the HTMI of the device that can do the same thing? I am not sure whats possible but if anyone has any ideas or links to items that might help I'd appreciate it.

The reception doesn;t have to be totally amazing FYI.

Best

Solution
Oh wow that’s great! So an AV/ to hdmi. Ok, any ideas or links to ones which one might be good for this?
Thanks so much!
These devices are so out of date that any bodies guess is going to be the same, you can either get a couple of different cheap ones from ebay to increase the chances that one of them is going to be good, or you can ask in your local electricians store to get an overpriced one.

I got one of these once for an old xbox console and it worked well enough.
Make sure that the AV inputs are labeled input and the HDMI is labeled output.
ADA2S191220ekFXj.jpg
Oh wow that’s great! So an AV/ to hdmi. Ok, any ideas or links to ones which one might be good for this?
Thanks so much!
These devices are so out of date that any bodies guess is going to be the same, you can either get a couple of different cheap ones from ebay to increase the chances that one of them is going to be good, or you can ask in your local electricians store to get an overpriced one.

I got one of these once for an old xbox console and it worked well enough.
Make sure that the AV inputs are labeled input and the HDMI is labeled output.
ADA2S191220ekFXj.jpg

Reactions: ayupchap
Solution
Instead of investing in additional (obsolete) equipment, I'd rather consider the option to transfer these VHS tapes to DVD / files. You'll need $30 dongle ("USB capture card"), and a PC/laptop next to the VHS. There are also commercial services available as well.

On your last question: With more hardware added ("video sender" from VHS side, analogue TV tunrer with HDMI output on projector side) this can be done.