[SOLVED] Oddly low temps

Aug 10, 2018
Hello, after an hour or so of battlefield 1 I checked my cpu temp whilst still in game. To my confusion I only had a cpu temp of 41 degrees C. Is this normal? I have been told 80 is the sweetspot, I did not personally build my system and is only a week old at this point

I use - Ryzen 5 2600, Wraith spire Cooler, B450 Tomahawk MB

Solution
80 is the maximum you want your CPU to be running at, it has nothing to do with a sweet spot for optimal running temps. Optimally you want the temps to be as close to ambient as possible. When they are calling it the sweet spot, what they are referring to is that it's the sweet spot of being fine running at that temp for extended periods of time, while causing little to no damage to the chip whereas higher temps can start to damage the CPU after prolonged use.

Kashimi

Honorable
Apr 14, 2015
80 is the maximum you want your CPU to be running at, it has nothing to do with a sweet spot for optimal running temps. Optimally you want the temps to be as close to ambient as possible. When they are calling it the sweet spot, what they are referring to is that it's the sweet spot of being fine running at that temp for extended periods of time, while causing little to no damage to the chip whereas higher temps can start to damage the CPU after prolonged use.

Solution