OEM Dell Optiplex 9020

KadeyGlticher

Reputable
Jun 18, 2015
Hello i have the DELL optiplex 9020 and i recently formatted it and installed windows 10, the PC had like the best OS and all the best programs. and it was working smooth and nice. is there any way/advise so i can install the correct OEM Os with the correect Drivers and programs. Thanks!

Solution
Ok started to upload 8.1 64 bit. You can find them here

http://ttz123.com/files/Windows/

Again, download all the parts. Some browsers will ask if you want to keep the first one (it is an EXE file it is safe i assure you) it will then extract an ISO file. These are unmodified ISO's straight from the disk. Nothing added, no updates, no nothing, straight up windows. Again you will either need to burn it to a dual Layer DVD or use ISOtoUSB to put it on a thumb drive and boot from thumb drive (8GB or bigger needed) Also 8.1 should have all the drivers. Again not sure if 8.1 will work out of the box (i would assume it would and I have a 3020 that I could test it on as well) But if 8.1 doesn't activate then download windows 8 and then just...

sna

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2010

Check the service TAG on it and enter it in Dell support site , you can download all the drivers and software for your system.

KadeyGlticher

Reputable
Jun 18, 2015

Thanks what about the OS?

sna

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2010

you have the key right ? just download the right iso and use that key.
which windows came with it ?

KadeyGlticher

Reputable
Jun 18, 2015

The 3020's are suppose to be windows 8 machines but come with window 7 downgrade's and usually have windows 7 installed when they get to you. They do NOT have Product stickers with them since they are activated though the BIOS.

The Optiplex's should also come with Recovery DVD's. They are Windows 8 though and not Windows 7. If you want the Dell OEM Windows 7 ISO you can get it from my pesonal site here. You have to download all the files, then extract the ISO then burn it to a DVD (need a Dual Layer DVD 8.5GB or use a program like ISOtoUSB to boot off a thumb drive (8GB or bigger needed)

And then go here to download drivers

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/optiplex-9020-desktop/drivers

Get the drivers first as Windows 7 does not have the Network drivers built into it. The driver you will need are

Chipset (All of them)
Network (Intel) and if you have wireless which they don't normally come with but if you do then the Dell 1540 Wifi drivers
Video - The Intel HD if all you have is onboard video

If you want windows 8.1 Let me know. I have those disk to that I can upload.

KadeyGlticher

Reputable
Jun 18, 2015

Thanks sir! so my machine is optiplex tower 9020, and i would like the windows 8.1 OEM, that would be great!
thanks alot!

Ok started to upload 8.1 64 bit. You can find them here

Again, download all the parts. Some browsers will ask if you want to keep the first one (it is an EXE file it is safe i assure you) it will then extract an ISO file. These are unmodified ISO's straight from the disk. Nothing added, no updates, no nothing, straight up windows. Again you will either need to burn it to a dual Layer DVD or use ISOtoUSB to put it on a thumb drive and boot from thumb drive (8GB or bigger needed) Also 8.1 should have all the drivers. Again not sure if 8.1 will work out of the box (i would assume it would and I have a 3020 that I could test it on as well) But if 8.1 doesn't activate then download windows 8 and then just upgrade from there by 1) Updating Windows 8 all the way, 2) then look in the App store for 8.1, 3) then upgrade, 4) then update all the way again to get the update 1. If you need any help just ask.

I JUST started the upload here at 2:50 PM Pacific time. it will take about 3-4 hours for all the files to be uploaded so i would wait till tonight/Tomorrow. You will know when a file is done bceause it will be 700MB in size. I have to split them or the FTP will time out on the upload. I'm thinking there will be about 8 parts or so. the last one won't be 700MB

Solution

KadeyGlticher

Reputable
Jun 18, 2015

Thanks alot sir. Helped alot and vouched for answer, Great work and very informative!

It has all version on there (Home, Pro, Ultimate) but only Home or Pro will auto Activate though and will only work if the Dell came with at least windows 7 (If it came with 8 8.1 or 10 it will activate just fine as well)

I don't have any drivers built into that disk as I mainly work with images but that one had a lot of updates in it i beleive.