OEM Samsung SSD Problem

renepos

Reputable
Jan 14, 2016
Some time ago, I have purchased second hand Samsung 128GB SSD. It is an OEM device which (I think) came from a HP laptop.
The SSD has preformed very well, but recently i had to do a clean install and that's when i ran into problems.
Once the drive was formatted the laptop reported that HDD/SSD is not working properly anymore. When i check in BIOS it reports that the Samsung SSD is present, however it reports only 950MB in size.
Since this is an OEM SSD i cannot find a firmware update anywhere, and any help there would be appreciated.
the second concern for me is that the drive has failed completely and there is no bringing it back from the dead.

I have tried disk sanitize through BIOS, and i have tried to format and resize it through regular windows installation, parted magic and several other software solutions

Samsung ssd model is

P/N: MZ7TD128HAFV - 0000
Model: MZ - 7TD1280/000

F/W: DXT0200Q

renepos

Reputable
Jan 14, 2016
Windows has formatted the drive themselves.

when i connect this SSD to a desktop machine and run Samsung magician, it does not recognize it. In device manager it is registered as Samsung SATA SSD, but Samsung magician says it is an unknown drive with 0.94 GB capacity, and it does not allow me to select any of the options in the magician