[SOLVED] OEM software?

gn842a

Honorable
Oct 10, 2016
I remember when I got my F2 A85 V Pro 5 1/2 years ago that there were warnings in the forums that the ASUS supplied software tended to destabilize the build and make crashes etc. So I uninstalled it, and actually, didn't think about it much after, but my system was extremely stable.

So now I have certain issues that I'm dealing with and I'm wondering how advisable it is to keep OEM software installed. One is Ryzen Master. The other is AMD Radeon settings. I'm assuming that if you uninstall this stuff it leaves your drivers alone.

thanks
Greg N

Solution
Ryzen Master is good for monitoring, unless you change anything in it, it's not going to interfere with anything I just don't know why are you mentioning in context with non-Ryzen system, It should be using AMD Overdrive instead.
AMD Radeon settings are for graphics, either dedicated card or APU. It comes with and is installed with AMD graphic drivers. Depending on driver version it's used to adjust GPU/APU settings and eventual OC. Without it installed, GPU/APU will work on default settings.
None of them have any influence on stability if they are up to date and ones coming on CD certainly are very dated, you can download newest version from AMD site.
Asus Ai on other hand is known to cause some problems.

gn842a

Honorable
Oct 10, 2016
Ryzen Master is to overclock your CPU I am assuming Radeon settings relates to your GPU so probably not a good idea to uninstall them.

That's true, but I am led to wonder because you can do most of this stuff in the UEFI and when you use these programs you are in a sense mucking around with stuff controlled at the BIOS level. So it seems to me possible for BIOS to get into conflict with these other programs--that I think is one of the reasons why the old ASUS over clocking software caused instability. (I don't remember the details and wouldn't have understood them in any case).

In fact I was in the AMD Radeon software and got myself into a serious pickle by, apparently sabotaging the installed gpu drivers. Getting that problem untangled was horrendous because I didn't know what had happened and couldn't find anything on the net about it. It shut down my computer, I had to research the fix on the secondary computer. And I found nothing. But somehow managed to get it all running again. In any case the experience made me remember that it was very common in fora to recommend uninstallation of the ASUS overclocking software, but I don't see much of that being said now.

Greg N

Probably because so many people are obsessed with overclocking everything down to their toilet that removing overclocking software is tantamount to sacrilege.

If you have a discrete ASUS overclocking software component, you lose nothing by uninstalling it. The same could likely be said for RyzenMaster.

Graphics card drivers and configuration suites are another matter. I don't deal with AMD driver/card configuration suites, so I can't say much about those; however, if you can identify and separate components that relate to just OCing the card, then you might be better-off ditching those, while retaining the drivers, themselves.

Reactions: gn842a
Ryzen Master is good for monitoring, unless you change anything in it, it's not going to interfere with anything I just don't know why are you mentioning in context with non-Ryzen system, It should be using AMD Overdrive instead.
AMD Radeon settings are for graphics, either dedicated card or APU. It comes with and is installed with AMD graphic drivers. Depending on driver version it's used to adjust GPU/APU settings and eventual OC. Without it installed, GPU/APU will work on default settings.
None of them have any influence on stability if they are up to date and ones coming on CD certainly are very dated, you can download newest version from AMD site.
Asus Ai on other hand is known to cause some problems.

Reactions: gn842a
Solution

TRENDING THREADS