Question OEM Vista Disk

If memory serves from when I upgraded a few years ago, you can upgrade to Windows 8 from Vista. Then you could upgrade from that to Windows 10 provided there free upgrade still works. They officially ended the free upgrade a couple of years ago, but the last times I've tried it, the free upgrade still seems to work.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Microsoft-...sh=item3b2ce134e8:g:w90AAOSw2bFcEGvV&LH_BIN=1

Those I think sold for 40 bucks new in 2012. So if that's legit, that's probably about the cheapest legal path from Vista to 10.

Mar 24, 2019
I don’t think selling an OEM Vista Disk is a good idea.

In my opinion it’s best installing Win 10 from an usb drive and activating it afterwards. You can find Win 10 OEM keys for under 20 Bucks but it might happen that one does not work. So it’s best to just look up how your reseller handles this.

Benkberg97

Reputable
Jun 4, 2015
Performing an in-place upgrade from Windows Vista to Windows 10 is not supported. You can, however, install Windows 7 with a valid retail or OEM key and then download the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft to upgrade to Windows 10 using your Windows 7 key. However, if you just have a Vista key, it will not work with Windows 10's activation system.

hftvhftv

Distinguished
Ambassador
If memory serves from when I upgraded a few years ago, you can upgrade to Windows 8 from Vista. Then you could upgrade from that to Windows 10 provided there free upgrade still works. They officially ended the free upgrade a couple of years ago, but the last times I've tried it, the free upgrade still seems to work.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Microsoft-Windows-8-Pro-License-Only-1-PC-s-Upgrade-for-Windows-3UR-00001/254156027112?epid=177514521&hash=item3b2ce134e8:g:w90AAOSw2bFcEGvV&LH_BIN=1

Those I think sold for 40 bucks new in 2012. So if that's legit, that's probably about the cheapest legal path from Vista to 10.
This is right, I participated in the public beta of Windows 8 on a Windows Vista machine.