[SOLVED] My PC keeps freezing ?

Nov 30, 2021
Hey so I’m not sure it’s the right place to post it but my pc is freezing randomly when Im using it for like half a minute and than it’s back to normal.
When I say freeze it’s like the mouse is still moving and I can move between windows but I can’t open anything. If something is loading while it happens it keeps loading (like browser page and etc) but it won’t finish loading till the freeze stops and also in some games it’s freezing.
Here’s what I tried:

• clean installation of Windows
  • Remove the hdd (also got ssd)
  • Ram I’m not sure cuz it happens day one when I got them (a friend gave them to me they were new but he didn’t had any problem with them)
  • No new events in the events viewer when the freeze occur
  • Maybe it’s the ssd ? I used crystal disk to check it and it was 92% good so I’m not sure

let me know what info you need and I’ll give it.

thanks !

Solution
Perhaps a buggy or corrupt Windows file.

Run the built in Windows troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Also try running "sfc /scannow" and "dism" via the Command Prompt.

References:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

DISM Overview | Microsoft Docs

= = = =

Go to Transcend's website and download their SSD diagnostic software.

I found the following link:

https://www.transcend-info.com/support/software

Verify that that website is indeed a match for your drive make and model.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for any error codes, warnings, or even informational events that may have been captured just prior to or at the time of the pc freezes.

Look in Task Manager for what all is being launched at startup. Could be some background app trying to run, update, or simply phone home...

Nov 30, 2021
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for any error codes, warnings, or even informational events that may have been captured just prior to or at the time of the pc freezes.

Look in Task Manager for what all is being launched at startup. Could be some background app trying to run, update, or simply phone home...

ok so

ssd 256GB transcend TS256GSSD370S(half full but the issue happend even after fresh installation
ryzen 7 3700X
asus b550 Plus
PSU TX650m corsair about 1 year old

in the event viewr nothing that talk about any of this or happend in the the time or preior to the issue i can send the Reliability report if you need

finished memtest86 got 4 passes so the ram is ok

can think of somthing else. how can i check deeply the ssd?

edit: this thing happend like 5 minutes before and after one of the freeze

Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing/Admin
Session "dfa2c640-651d-488d-a479-2fd7a7ca6e29" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022

dont know if it help

Ralston18

Titan

Run the built in Windows troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

References:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

= = = =

Solution
Nov 30, 2021
About the windows file , it happened before and after a clean installation but I’ll give it a try
Also I’ll check the ssd with the tool you gave me and back with results
Thanks !

Nov 30, 2021

References:

= = = =

sfc /scannow
no errors
this is the diagnostic tool of the my ssd
[0x01], Read Error Rate, 0
[0x05], Reallocated Sectors Count, 0
[0x09], Power-On Hour Count, 3697
[0x0C], Power Cycle Count, 1527
[0xA0], Uncorrectable sectors count when read/write, 0
[0xA1], Number of Valid Spare Blocks, 60
[0xA3], Number of Initial Invalid Blocks, 30
[0xA4], Total Erase Count, 263811
[0xA5], Maximum Erase Count, 299
[0xA6], Minimum Erase Count, 197
[0xA7], Average Erase Count, 255
[0xA8], Max Erase Count of Spec, 3000
[0xA9], Remain Life (percentage), 92
[0xAF], Program fail count in worst die, 0
[0xB0], Erase fail count in worst die, 0
[0xB1], Total Wear Level Count, 796
[0xB2], Runtime Invalid Block Count, 0
[0xB5], Total Program Fail Count, 0
[0xB6], Total Erase Fail Count, 0
[0xC0], Power-Off Retract Count, 908
[0xC2], Controlled Temperature, 16
[0xC3], Hardware ECC Recovered, 0
[0xC4], Reallocation Event Count, 0
[0xC5], Current Pending Sector Count, 0
[0xC6], Uncorrectable Error Count Off-Line, 0
[0xC7], Ultra DMA CRC Error Count, 3
[0xE8], Available Reserved Space, 100
[0xF1], Total LBA Written (each write unit=32MB), 1086424
[0xF2], Total LBA Read (each read unit=32MB), 1088319
[0xF5], Flash Write Sector Count, 2110488

what can we check next?

Ralston18

Titan
Take another look at Task Manager especially for any unidentified programs being launched at startup and running in the background.

Another tool that you can use is Resource Monitor. (Use both tools but only one at a time. Run as admin.)

The objective is to determine what happens or changes when the "freezes" occur. You will need to leave the Resource Monitor window open and dragged to one side so you can watch the window while you use the pc as normal.

Look at what resources are being used, to what extent (%), and what is using any given resource when the freezes occur. Perhaps some buggy or corrupted app trying to update, backup, or simply phone home.

It will likely take a bit of trial and error for you to get situated with the Window and to be able to view the contents in a meaningful way. Start with the Overview tab.

Also note that some column headers have a small upward or down ward pointing "arrow". That means that you can click the column header and sort the shown results in ascending or descending order.

And (reading back) with the mouse seemingly involved you also have the option of manually downloading the applicable mouse drivers from the manufacturer's website. Reinstall and reconfigure. No third party tools or installers.

Nov 30, 2021
T
Take another look at Task Manager especially for any unidentified programs being launched at startup and running in the background.

Another tool that you can use is Resource Monitor. (Use both tools but only one at a time. Run as admin.)

The objective is to determine what happens or changes when the "freezes" occur. You will need to leave the Resource Monitor window open and dragged to one side so you can watch the window while you use the pc as normal.

Look at what resources are being used, to what extent (%), and what is using any given resource when the freezes occur. Perhaps some buggy or corrupted app trying to update, backup, or simply phone home.

It will likely take a bit of trial and error for you to get situated with the Window and to be able to view the contents in a meaningful way. Start with the Overview tab.

Also note that some column headers have a small upward or down ward pointing "arrow". That means that you can click the column header and sort the shown results in ascending or descending order.

And (reading back) with the mouse seemingly involved you also have the option of manually downloading the applicable mouse drivers from the manufacturer's website. Reinstall and reconfigure. No third party tools or installers.

thanks I will try
But what is that means phone home ?

Ralston18

Titan
"Phone home"

Some applications, utilities, and hardware drivers include code that makes use of the host system's hardware and software to communicate back to the manufacturer's website/servers.

That communication may have any number of purposes: check for an updated version of the software, report back on selected user information: hardware, software, configurations, usage information, etc., perhaps provide some status report. Or it could simply be malicious in some manner.

Some applications may not be directly straightforward about the purposes and reasons involved. May not even be mentioned at all and likely launching via Task Manager > Startup. Or triggered via Task Scheduler as a newer means of doing such things.

What can happen is that the software is unable to establish a connection but keeps trying to do so. Perhaps continuously or eventually stops at after some number of failures. Only to try again after some fixed amount of time. As a result, system resources are being used and if poorly coded - not released.

"Phone Home" is also a reference to the movie E.T.. An alien visitor to earth gets stranded here and rigs up a communication device to "phone home".

Good, fun, clean family movie. Recommended if you have not seen the movie.

Nov 30, 2021
"Phone home"

Some applications, utilities, and hardware drivers include code that makes use of the host system's hardware and software to communicate back to the manufacturer's website/servers.

That communication may have any number of purposes: check for an updated version of the software, report back on selected user information: hardware, software, configurations, usage information, etc., perhaps provide some status report. Or it could simply be malicious in some manner.

Some applications may not be directly straightforward about the purposes and reasons involved. May not even be mentioned at all and likely launching via Task Manager > Startup. Or triggered via Task Scheduler as a newer means of doing such things.

What can happen is that the software is unable to establish a connection but keeps trying to do so. Perhaps continuously or eventually stops at after some number of failures. Only to try again after some fixed amount of time. As a result, system resources are being used and if poorly coded - not released.

"Phone Home" is also a reference to the movie E.T.. An alien visitor to earth gets stranded here and rigs up a communication device to "phone home".

Good, fun, clean family movie. Recommended if you have not seen the movie.

that last paragraph 😂

thanks mate for the explanation
I will check and come back with a results
I already noticed that my ssd sata connector is not tight enough
I mean when I connect it it stays inside but not tight as it should
Today I’m replacing it with new nvme and clean installation to see maybe it’s will solve it
If not , I got a new nvme to use
Wanted to upgrade anyway

Hey so I’m not sure it’s the right place to post it but my pc is freezing randomly when Im using it for like half a minute and than it’s back to normal.
When I say freeze it’s like the mouse is still moving and I can move between windows but I can’t open anything. If something is loading while it happens it keeps loading (like browser page and etc) but it won’t finish loading till the freeze stops and also in some games it’s freezing.
Here’s what I tried:

• clean installation of Windows
  • Remove the hdd (also got ssd)
  • Ram I’m not sure cuz it happens day one when I got them (a friend gave them to me they were new but he didn’t had any problem with them)
  • No new events in the events viewer when the freeze occur
  • Maybe it’s the ssd ? I used crystal disk to check it and it was 92% good so I’m not sure
let me know what info you need and I’ll give it.

thanks !

Issue happened soon as you put in the new RAM? Try without that RAM.