Off-Screen Dialog Boxes After Z68 mobo upgrade

suntower

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
Hi,

I dunno if this belongs in mobo or 'graphics' but I posted here since I'm using the onboard graphics chip.

I recently upgraded my mobo from a 1st gen Gigabyte Sandybridge mobo---with built-in graphics---to a Z68---again with the built-in graphics. I'm using the same copy of Windows 7 Ultimate as before.

I have my 2 monitors set up with as 'Extended' screen using the built-in Intel graphics.

On a few apps I have, various dialog boxes will appear off-screen @ upper left. I've installed a little utility called 'Sheepdog' which helps me 'retrieve' it when it happens, but since it's -chronic-, this is getting tiresome.

Is there some permanent fix for this?

TIA,

---JC

suntower

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
More Info:

I've done a bit more research and it will only happen after the screens go to sleep (or I power down the monitors but leave the computer running.)

It seems that when the screens 'wake up' the app(s) 'forget' their previous positions.

ALSO: the Windows Desktop will sometimes 'forget'. Sometimes 2 displays will reverse positions (ie all the icons for the left display move to the right display and vice versa) or the taskbar will move to the right display. I have to run the Graphics Property 'Wizard' and re-train Windows as to which display is which.

Any ideas?