Off-Site server

weltern

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2011
I play minecraft...its amazing. Ive made a dedicated server for me and my friends and it made me think. Instead of have a server at my house is there a way to buy or rent an off-site server that i can set up and access remotely.

Like access it through by IP or a program they use, put minecraft server software on it, and run it remotely and if needed repair it remotely.

Any info would be great, id try to research this myself but i have no idea where to start looking.

thank you

Solution
I meant do a search for "server hosting" using Google. Of course, feel free to use Bing or Yahoo or whatever.

You can also be more specific - I just googled "minecraft server hosting" and there are several results that look good - including www.minecraftserverhost.net - I'm not endorsing this site, I just found it.

gtvr

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
I meant do a search for "server hosting" using Google. Of course, feel free to use Bing or Yahoo or whatever.

You can also be more specific - I just googled "minecraft server hosting" and there are several results that look good - including www.minecraftserverhost.net - I'm not endorsing this site, I just found it.

Solution