Office 2007 and moving from vista home to 7 pro

doblanc

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2009
Hello. I am planning to upgrade from Vista home premium to 7 pro. I know that I have to do a custom installation. I had a question about my office 2007. If I back it up, will I be able to put it back into the computer once 7 pro is installed? I dont want to lose it. It came installed on my computer when I purchased it.

Solution
Firstly there is no upgrade path from Vista Home Premium to W7 Profesional, therefore you would need to either buy a full version of W7 Profesional, or buy the W7 Ultimate upgrade, in order to get the extras in W7 Profesional.
There is no way to backup Office 2007 or any other version, you need the Office instalation disk when doing a clean install of the OS.

Jonmor68

Distinguished
Firstly there is no upgrade path from Vista Home Premium to W7 Profesional, therefore you would need to either buy a full version of W7 Profesional, or buy the W7 Ultimate upgrade, in order to get the extras in W7 Profesional.
There is no way to backup Office 2007 or any other version, you need the Office instalation disk when doing a clean install of the OS.

Solution

doblanc

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2009

Thanks fo r the info. Very much appreciated!!