Question Office 2019 Professional Plus: No 25 Character Product Key Included With Ebay Purchase

soundtrek

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2009
Unfortunately, I made the mistake of purchasing a brand new DVD copy of 2019 Pro Plus from a seller on Ebay and believed the seller who said that I could activate it online at no charge. https://www.ebay.com/itm/374160403241 But there was no 25 alphanumeric code on a label outside or inside the box. The seller does reply to my emails for activation help or refund. And Ebay can't or won't help either. And my credit card company keeps hanging up on me when I try to dispute this purchase. I tried following these steps but he goes to fast and some steps are unclear.

<<Link removed by moderator. Tom's Hardware does not support any form of software piracy. None. Period.>>

Any other way that I can activate this for home use?

soundtrek

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2009
'Ebay cant or wont help"
Are you sure? What exactly did they say?
Unless said product very clearly states it does not come with the activation key, then it should fall under buyer protection.
Thanks to my world class dumb luck, within 3 days of ordering or receiving the software my old desktop pc had a HDD crash and wasn't worth fixing. And rather than buying an HP or Dell, I had someone build me a beautiful HTPC. But by the time it was delivered and I having time to install the DVD it was past EBay's buyer protection 30 day window. Again, emailing the seller for a product or refund got me no replies and Ebay said they're not obligated to take further action. And they can't even flag his merchandise page because he has none. So I was clearly swindled.

soundtrek

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2009

soundtrek

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2009
Such is the price of a valid software license.

Trying to cheap at fleabay often brings tears.
More like price gouging; double the price just for including Access-and only per pc? I only have two Access files which I had created in Office 2003,
but they're big and important.

How safe would my data be if I used Libre Office Base to update those files? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LibreOffice_Base

And could I load both Office 2021 and Libre Office on the same pc with no risk of functionality issues?

USAFRet

Titan
More like price gouging; double the price just for including Access-and only per pc? I only have two Access files which I had created in Office 2003,
but they're big and important.

How safe would my data be if I used Libre Office Base to update those files? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LibreOffice_Base

And could I load both Office 2021 and Libre Office on the same pc with no risk of functionality issues?
Yes, you can have both MS and Libre Office installed on the same system.
I do.

The compatibility between Access and Base is...tricky.
If you have ANY macros or code in the Access, it probably will not transfer completely.

Office Pro in more than just Access. It also includes Publisher (which you may or may not need).

For your two existing Access MDBs...you DO have these backed up, correct?
Not just one copy?

soundtrek

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2009
Yes, you can have both MS and Libre Office installed on the same system.
I do.

The compatibility between Access and Base is...tricky.
If you have ANY macros or code in the Access, it probably will not transfer completely.

Office Pro in more than just Access. It also includes Publisher (which you may or may not need).

For your two existing Access MDBs...you DO have these backed up, correct?
Not just one copy?

soundtrek

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2009
Neither Access files have any macros. I've no use for Publisher; and compared to Office 2003 which I've always used it's pricey bloatware as far as I'm concerned.

Seriously? The King is endlessly unlucky but he's hardly stupid enough not to do monthly backups to multiple drives. And my new Xeon HTPC and HP laptop have ECC RAM to minimize data errors.