[SOLVED] Office 365 question

nbartolo7

Honorable
Sep 4, 2017
Do any of you know what happens if a PC doesn't shut down properly and one still has Word docs / PowerPoint docs (what have u) opened? Will the "recovered" (if feature is enabled of course) docs appear automatically once I turn the PC back on, or do I need to remember which docs I was working on before PC shut down, click on them, and only then will it ask me if I want to recover doc?

What if I just open the default Word program instead of a specific doc? Will it tell me which docs I was working on and if I want to recover them?

Solution
................Will the "recovered" .......................docs appear automatically once I turn the PC back on

When you start Word it scans for AutoRecover files and will prompt you if it finds something. If it doesn't then go to File > Info > Manage Document > Recover Unsaved Documents.

Don't forget to check/change your AutoRecover settings in Options to make sure it's enabled and configured to your liking.

Secret-Squirrel

Reputable
Sep 12, 2020
................Will the "recovered" .......................docs appear automatically once I turn the PC back on

When you start Word it scans for AutoRecover files and will prompt you if it finds something. If it doesn't then go to File > Info > Manage Document > Recover Unsaved Documents.

Don't forget to check/change your AutoRecover settings in Options to make sure it's enabled and configured to your liking.

Reactions: nbartolo7
Solution

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
If you are using the online version via sharepoint/teams or have your files on onedrive, they will already be saved.

Secret Squirrel has it right for the desktop application. It will give you a list of files that were recovered via the auto-save feature. Unless that is disabled.

Reactions: nbartolo7