Question Office Apps For Android

Aug 13, 2019
Hi,

Just a bit of background. I'm not great with computers, and thankfully do not have to use them too much for work, When my laptop died a year ago I decided to try a little experiment and see if I could get by with just a tablet as I find them simpler and easier to use. I bought a Samsung Tab A (10.5"), a bluetooth keyboard and a small mouse, hooked it up to my wireless printer - and so far so good! I only need it for functional internet use (like tax returns and booking flights etc) and word processing.

Thing is, that is causing me a little bit of bother because for work I do need to produce some fairly professional reports using more than just the very basic features, and also likewise with spreadsheets. I tried Polaris, but it was full of adverts and drove me up the wall, so I then tried the MS Office package, however it required me to pay for a subscription. Ithought they offered a free package for android but if I'm correct that only covers 10.1" and below. So I guess the first question is, can anyone recomend a decent word processor with good functionality and compatibility? I'm thinking I may just have to pay for MS Office (which is fine).

The real issue though, is that I work in remote locations without internet access for up to 4 months. This means that I cannot use the MS Office package as in order to edit documents I have to sign in online. I don't mind paying for a good word processing app - but I need to be able to use it offline.

Any help or advice? I am guessing that with a laptop the use of MS Office does not require a Microsoft Account or to sign in each time you want to use the app?

Thanks,

Richard

Aug 13, 2019
Ah okay thanks. But the only thing that I have available is an Android Tablet - no laptop, no windows.

So essentially to be able to use a standalone version of office without internet access, I will need either a windows tablet or a laptop?

Thanks.

USAFRet

Titan
Ah okay thanks. But the only thing that I have available is an Android Tablet - no laptop, no windows.

So essentially to be able to use a standalone version of office without internet access, I will need either a windows tablet or a laptop?

Thanks.
If you want/need actual MS Office, yes, you need something other than an android tablet.

For that android:
https://www.techradar.com/news/best-office-suite-android