Office in Gym is a dead spot. Need to extend wifi.

FrostyClive

Reputable
Jul 2, 2015
I work at a gym, and the manager's office is on the opposite end of the building from the router. The gym itself is not very big. The manager's office and the free weight area are not receiving wifi. I was looking at the Netgear AC750 as a solution for this problem. Would that work well?

Solution
Yeah I got the idea, well pretty bad, you need to move it somewhere aroudn the middle, like hook it on the wall of the big ROOM (bottom middle marked). Walls get in the way of signal.
Depends on the layout of the gym more, to be honest. Are there many walls? Are the walls reinforced concrete (do they have iron in them as that kills the signal quite a bit). If you can post an image of the approximate size and layout of the gym, and positioning of the router, would be easier. But best case would be having the router somewhere in the middle of the gym, at a higher point (not on the ground) and it should reach anywhere within 50 meters radius of the gym which should be enough as you said the gym is not very large. Also when it comes for a router like this - general usage router, people browsing facebook on their phones while training, youtube, etc, you don't need a dual-band router.

FrostyClive

Reputable
Jul 2, 2015
http://imgur.com/J3rFwkO

It is surrounded by 3 walls.

Coworker drew this spur of the moment, may not be accurate 100% but it's a good representation of the layout of the gym.
Left half gets a strong signal, right half barely gets any at times, including the office which most of the time has no signal.