Office XP professional install

I was wondering if anybody knew an easy solution for this. Our network
currently has Office 2000 Professional(contains publisher) on all it's
computers and this summer we will be upgrading them to Office XP
Professional(doesn't contain publisher). For testing, I made the mst file
and a group policy that uninstalls previous editions of office. Everything
distributes fine, but Publisher 2000 is not uninstalled from the computer.
I assume that this is due to the fact that publisher installs from cd #2 of
the office 2000 pro cd.

Anybody now how I can make the group policy uninstall publisher also.(Maybe
run something afterwards)? Unfortunately, it is not an option while making
the transform file.

Thanks,
Chris

Rob

Perhaps you can initiate the uninstall as a command line
option in the MST. There should be a way to do this
towards the end of creating the MST file.

Chris-

I thought there was an option to remove ALL previous office programs in the
MST wizard. Guess not. I can think of a hokey way that I wouldn't really
recommend unless you're in a small place: Deploy Publisher 2000 via GP, then
remove it.

Brian Desmond
Windows Server MVP
desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us

Http://www.briandesmond.com

"Christopher Maloney" <ctmal@nni.com> wrote in message
> I was wondering if anybody knew an easy solution for this. Our network
> currently has Office 2000 Professional(contains publisher) on all it's
> computers and this summer we will be upgrading them to Office XP
> Professional(doesn't contain publisher). For testing, I made the mst file
> and a group policy that uninstalls previous editions of office.
Everything
> distributes fine, but Publisher 2000 is not uninstalled from the computer.
> I assume that this is due to the fact that publisher installs from cd #2
of
> the office 2000 pro cd.
>
> Anybody now how I can make the group policy uninstall publisher
also.(Maybe
> run something afterwards)? Unfortunately, it is not an option while
making
> the transform file.
>
> Thanks,
> Chris