Office365 borked Office 2013 access

Status
Not open for further replies.

kep55

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
After getting licenses for Office365 thru our IT vendor over a year ago, we finally decided to use one feature not in Office 2013. We created temp passwords for everyone with the requirement they reset their passwords on first use. Well, some genius at Microsoft decided to include the requirement that copies of Office 2013 (and earlier I guess) also need new passwords. So, now we've had to explain to everyone that in order to Outlook 2013 locally, they need to enter their O365 password into O2013.
Are we going to have to go thru these shenanigans every time we add a user to O2013? What a waste of time and resources.

Solution
Yes Outlook will pop up a message for your password, put it in once, click "do not ask again", will be fine till next time the password changes. This is because your Outlook is now linked through Office 365. Happened at my job when they moved our email to Office 365 instead of keeping it on our own Exchange server.
Yes Outlook will pop up a message for your password, put it in once, click "do not ask again", will be fine till next time the password changes. This is because your Outlook is now linked through Office 365. Happened at my job when they moved our email to Office 365 instead of keeping it on our own Exchange server.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.