[SOLVED] Official manufacturer says there are two 3.5'' and two 2.5'' HDD bays inside the case but I can't seem to find them (iBox Passion V4 OPV4)

jinNxDevil

Commendable
Apr 23, 2020
As the title says, I can't seem to find the bays for the two 3.5'' HDD's and one 2.5'' SSD that I have. Here are the specs for my PC for reference :
GPU : Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 8GB
CPU : Ryzen 5 2600
MOBO : Gigabyte AB350M DS3H-V2
SSD : ADATA SX6000 256GB M.2
PSU : iBOX CUBE II MAX 600W (along with the hdd placement problem I also cannot seem to find the sata power connectors. maybe im just blind)
Here is the case manufacturer website https://ibox.pl/obudowy/1947-passion-v4.html (it's in Polish, but I hope you can translate the page)
The case is mini-ITX with m-ATX motherboard support but I can't find any bays for the drives.
!!! there are also pictures on the website if you have any question about the style of the case !!!

the 3.5" bays, or trays, would be located inside the PSU shroud.
a lot of times they are separate components included that would need to be manually installed inside the PSU shroud.

the 2.5" would not really be "bays" but places to mount them vertically behind the motherboard tray or on top of the PSU shroud.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
And immediately send that PSU for recycling. Like almost every PSU that's actually included in a case, this is hot garbage (you rarely see respectable PSUs included because an actual good one will add a minimum of $70 to the cost). Under 450W available on a 600W PSU means it's a 25-year-old design. Even the PSU itself only trumpets ATX 2.2 compliance, which is disturbing since 2.2 was the newest spec in 2005. I would never connect a PSU like this to anything that has a GPU that uses supplementary power.

Reactions: JohnBonhamsGhost

jinNxDevil

Commendable
Apr 23, 2020
And immediately send that PSU for recycling. Like almost every PSU that's actually included in a case, this is hot garbage (you rarely see respectable PSUs included because an actual good one will add a minimum of $70 to the cost). Under 450W available on a 600W PSU means it's a 25-year-old design. Even the PSU itself only trumpets ATX 2.2 compliance, which is disturbing since 2.2 was the newest spec in 2005. I would never connect a PSU like this to anything that has a GPU that uses supplementary power.
Thank you! I will definetely think about replacing this PSU. And by any chance could the PSU be a cause of GPU quite signifficant overheating? I had to undervolt my GPU becuase it hit temps like 75ish°C average in Apex Legends on low preset which I found out to be very disturbing to me. After undervolting it came out to be 65ish°C, but I want to reach the same temps without sacrificing voltage, clock and memory speeds. :( btw it's about 35°C on idle

Last edited:
...I had to undervolt my GPU becuase it hit temps like 75ish°C average in Apex Legends on low preset which I found out to be very disturbing to me. After undervolting it came out to be 65ish°C, but I want to reach the same temps without sacrificing voltage, clock and memory speeds. :( btw it's about 35°C on idle
the issue with GPU temperature could be caused by the case and it's lack of cool air intake.
the front glass panel appears to be very closely attached to the chassis, with no vents or large enough gaps for enough cool air to be brought into the case.
so the GPU is just constantly recycling already warmed air.
maybe try adding some rubber spacers or washers to add a bit more space between the glass and the chassis.
but its also a bit of the case designs' fault because that imo is very poor hdd placement
that is pretty standard placement of HDD bays/trays for the last decade or so. especially with a side panel window.
it keeps the interior looking nicer/cleanlier and keeps any additional heat produced by the HDs away from other components.

another thing to note;
make sure your PSU is installed correctly, with the fan facing down towards the bottom vent. this way it can draw in cooler air and exhaust through it's own rear vent.