[SOLVED] Official Windows 10 DVD installation media - version?

jrazor247

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2009
Hello Everyone,

Recently available from a major popular computer parts e-tailer is Windows 10 DVD installation media only, without license, for less than 15$.

Has anyone ordered this?
When and from where?
What release version and or SKU?

A while back I had the feeling my PC was sabotaging installation media created or burned. Maybe even been VPN’d to a fake creator tool websites. I was thinking, wouldn’t be easier to just download and burn ISO rather than recompiling ISO on a perhaps compromised system. But it is for USB image also.

That eliminates one source of problems. A clean starting point. also like the shiny genuine disc and official Microsoft packaging.

There are also some very subtle but important differences between media creation tool USB and disc, and official disc. I can’t recall them now. I have been out of the PC ecosystem for over two years now, so this might not be the case anymore.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Seriously? I can get people to purchase a Windows installation DVD without a product key for $15?

15Pack DVD-RWs - $11
8GB USB Drive - $5

That's a $209 profit! I'm IN!

In all seriousness, use the link above and create your own media.

-Wolf sends

Colif

Win 11 Master
Hello Everyone,

Recently available from a major popular computer parts e-tailer is Windows 10 DVD installation media only, without license, for less than 15$.

Has anyone ordered this?
When and from where?
What release version and or SKU?

A while back I had the feeling my PC was sabotaging installation media created or burned. Maybe even been VPN’d to a fake creator tool websites. I was thinking, wouldn’t be easier to just download and burn ISO rather than recompiling ISO on a perhaps compromised system. But it is for USB image also.

That eliminates one source of problems. A clean starting point. also like the shiny genuine disc and official Microsoft packaging.

There are also some very subtle but important differences between media creation tool USB and disc, and official disc. I can’t recall them now. I have been out of the PC ecosystem for over two years now, so this might not be the case anymore.

Wonder what MS think of this deal, considering you can download it for free. One way to make money of old dvd I guess.

Wonder how many people buy them, as its not a completely unwanted service. There are plenty of people who don't have internet services good enough to download a ISO and burn it themselves. I have helped people who would have jumped at the offer.

Version hard to say, depends when they produced, That s problem with buying retail on DVD, better to get digital version and then you make it yourself and at most its 5 months old